Permanent Starting Captains for 2013 Season

Yikes, I hate to say it but I agree with Jason Peter on something.

I think it makes more sense for the players to choose their captains.

With the need for young players to step up this year, I can see why the coaches are naming the more experienced guys as Captains and Asst. Captains. These are the guys that the young guys can learn from in summer conditioning and practice, and these are the guys the coaches can depend on to get their message across.

Honest question here Dude. Where have you seen that these captains or the captains were not selected by the players? I havent seen it yet, and was just wondering if you knew something I didnt.

Anyone who doesnt think these were elected by the players and/or unity council are so lacking of common sense it's sicking. Jesus Christ, my 10 year old midget football team had player-elected captains for god's sake. This is not even an issue.

Apparently not...

https://twitter.com/...134247207546881

Huskers coaches, not players, picked captains.

Honest question here Dude. Where have you seen that these captains or the captains were not selected by the players? I havent seen it yet, and was just wondering if you knew something I didnt.

Anyone who doesnt think these were elected by the players and/or unity council are so lacking of common sense it's sicking. Jesus Christ, my 10 year old midget football team had player-elected captains for god's sake. This is not even an issue.

Apparently not...

https://twitter.com/...134247207546881

Huskers coaches, not players, picked captains.

Thanks. I have frida's boss on ignore. That's why I never saw that. I stand corrected...........and rather disappointed as well.

Some interesting thoughts on assistant captains for each position group. The staff wants one guy for each position group to talk to during the games. Sounds like things got pretty hectic during the Big 10 Championship game.

• QBs: Tommy Armstrong
  • RBs: Ameer Abdullah
  • WRs: Kenny Bell
  • OL: Jeremiah Sirles
  • DL: Jason Ankrah
  • LBs: Trevor Roach
  • CBs: Josh Mitchell
  • S: Corey Cooper
  • RB Imani Cross helps with incoming recruiting class

I like this idea a lot. Kind of like a "captain in training" program.

• 2 weeks later...