Manziel

What struggles? He can fix his problems by not going to UT Frat parties or any party that puts him in a bad situation? By not being a spoiled little brat who has to have a Mercedes Benz? By waking his ass up on time to fullful a committment to the Mannings? I've read enough on the kid to know he's selfish. If he wants to fix his problems, then he needs to stop being stupid and use some better judgment.

that is a valid position. you get to the top, you think that would motivate you even more because it is much harder to stay there. just keep it simple and focus on football and school. i get that, too.

Exactly. I mean I don't know how anyone can think Manziel has it tough. Jack Hoffman has it tough. Any kid with an illness has it tough. Manziel has it made. It's not like I want him to get raped in a prison shower or get hurt on the field or something. I just hope some defenses bring him back to earth this year.

It's tough to have riches and fame. Just ask all the professional athletes who've gone broke.

Is it? Sure there are athletes who have squandered away all their money, but a lot (most?) of them don't. What makes them so different than those who have gone broke. Who's fault is it? Are we suppose to feel sorry for them? Would they feel sorry for us?

I hope he tears it up this year. I hope aTm wins its way to the Championship game.

I hope they destroy the SEC with Johnny Football leading the charge.

Then, in the Championship game, I hope to see Taylor Martinez dropping to a knee on the half-yard mark with :12 on the clock and the score reading 56-14.

And I hope Manziel gets through this safely, too, and becomes everything he could. He's just a kid. A rich spoiled kid for sure, but still a kid.

What struggles? He can fix his problems by not going to UT Frat parties or any party that puts him in a bad situation? By not being a spoiled little brat who has to have a Mercedes Benz? By waking his ass up on time to fullful a committment to the Mannings? I've read enough on the kid to know he's selfish. If he wants to fix his problems, then he needs to stop being stupid and use some better judgment.

that is a valid position. you get to the top, you think that would motivate you even more because it is much harder to stay there. just keep it simple and focus on football and school. i get that, too.

Exactly. I mean I don't know how anyone can think Manziel has it tough. Jack Hoffman has it tough. Any kid with an illness has it tough. Manziel has it made. It's not like I want him to get raped in a prison shower or get hurt on the field or something. I just hope some defenses bring him back to earth this year.

It's tough to have riches and fame. Just ask all the professional athletes who've gone broke.

Is it? Sure there are athletes who have squandered away all their money, but a lot (most?) of them don't. What makes them so different than those who have gone broke. Who's fault is it? Are we suppose to feel sorry for them? Would they feel sorry for us?

Does this help? :sarcasm

Many people act like he should just sit inside 24/7 and do nothing.

Seriously. I have MORE respect for guys who can live it up, party, hook up with hot girls and still get it done on the field. The majority of non-athlete college guys are doing/are attempting to do the same stuff; what's the big deal?

they do not have as much to lose or the commitments of a qb at a major university. not to mention that you can have a good time without being too hungover to take advantage of a major opportunity like the manning camp. he just is not very smart about it.

Tiny-Violin.jpg

I think (and am really hoping) the spoiled brat gets knocked around, and has a horrible season. Then he can go pro like the article suggests he wants to....and fail epicly there.

This post says a whole lot about you as a person. Manziel has made plenty of questionable decisions, but what has he done wrong? After reading the article it seems obvious to me that his support system (parents, etc.) has failed him, and are continuing to be part of the problem. The kid is 20 years old, and fame is obviously a burden on him. I feel for the kid, and I'm hoping he has another fantastic year. To actively wish ill will on a kid is pathetic, and some of you should be embarrassed....