Manziel

Also, look where being a saint got Timmy Tebow when he was in school. People crapped on him worse than Manziel! What's a guy to do?

These are a bit different, aren't they? Manziel is generally disliked by the populace, while Tebow was eventually disliked because everyone actually loved and continues to love him. The hate towards him comes from the praise he receives while the hate towards Manziel comes from his actions.

I'll also add in that Tim Tebow likely doesn't care one way or the other - I don't know him personally so I can't say, but I think he understands the opportunity his platform provides and uses it well, but doesn't count the love and adoration and, let's face it, worship of so many people as any kind of gain.

This is absolutely false. People hate Tebow because he came off as a try-too-hard. Trying too hard to seem like a "nice guy". Trying too hard to say the right things. Trying too hard to do the right things. Trying too hard to circumcise boys in SE Asia. People hated that Tebow was TRYING to come off as a saint. He receives ZERO praise now (how many snaps did he get last season? Ten?) and people continue to hate him.

I'm pretty sure he still leads the league in jersey sales (or is top 3-5 at least) and it's not because people hate him and it's not because he plays either.

Also, look where being a saint got Timmy Tebow when he was in school. People crapped on him worse than Manziel! What's a guy to do?

These are a bit different, aren't they? Manziel is generally disliked by the populace, while Tebow was eventually disliked because everyone actually loved and continues to love him. The hate towards him comes from the praise he receives while the hate towards Manziel comes from his actions.

I'll also add in that Tim Tebow likely doesn't care one way or the other - I don't know him personally so I can't say, but I think he understands the opportunity his platform provides and uses it well, but doesn't count the love and adoration and, let's face it, worship of so many people as any kind of gain.

This is absolutely false. People hate Tebow because he came off as a try-too-hard. Trying too hard to seem like a "nice guy". Trying too hard to say the right things. Trying too hard to do the right things. Trying too hard to circumcise boys in SE Asia. People hated that Tebow was TRYING to come off as a saint. He receives ZERO praise now (how many snaps did he get last season? Ten?) and people continue to hate him.

I'm pretty sure he still leads the league in jersey sales (or is top 3-5 at least) and it's not because people hate him and it's not because he plays either.

I mean, 49 percent of people voted for someone other than Barack Obama, but 51 percent DID vote for him. There are just as many people who love as there are who hate and/or like and dislike.

So I'm sure that you've heard the saying that you can learn everything you need to know about a man by playing a round of golf with him.

Well, here's this passage from the ESPN article:

PAUL MANZIEL USES these rounds of golf as a way to measure the maturity of his son, just as Johnny uses them to measure himself against his dad. They've played thousands of times. Johnny has never won. On the Hollytree practice range, long before he starts flinging clubs, Johnny takes out his driver and talks to himself, whispering "hole 1," seeming to visualize his way around the course. When he uncorks a low curving hook, he grips the club and brings it down on his knee, pulling up short of breaking it in two.

"Literally, I'll snap it over my f---ing leg if I do that on the course," he says.

"You can't do that," Paul says.

"Yes, I can," Johnny says, and he sounds defiant, even petulant, someone still learning to manage the distance between his reality and his potential.

So I'm sure that you've heard the saying that you can learn everything you need to know about a man by playing a round of golf with him.

PAUL MANZIEL USES these rounds of golf as a way to measure the maturity of his son, just as Johnny uses them to measure himself against his dad. They've played thousands of times. Johnny has never won. On the Hollytree practice range, long before he starts flinging clubs, Johnny takes out his driver and talks to himself, whispering "hole 1," seeming to visualize his way around the course. When he uncorks a low curving hook, he grips the club and brings it down on his knee, pulling up short of breaking it in two.

"Literally, I'll snap it over my f---ing leg if I do that on the course," he says.

"Yes, I can," Johnny says, and he sounds defiant, even petulant, someone still learning to manage the distance between his reality and his potential.

You can tell the size of a man by what it takes to set him off as well. If botching the very first stroke is enough to bring him to destroying a club, well, you figure it out.

You can tell the size of a man by what it takes to set him off as well. If botching the very first stroke is enough to bring him to destroying a club, well, you figure it out.

Johnny football is 6'1, 205 pounds. I could tell that by google.

This article was stupid. Some PR tardface at A&M decided to make JM look too childish to be held responsible for anything he has ever done. No 20 year old acts like that. Come on now.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9537999/otl-ncaa-investigating-johnny-manziel-profiting-autographs

The NCAA is investigating whether Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel was paid for signing hundreds of autographs on photos and sports memorabilia in January, "Outside the Lines" has learned. Two sources tell "Outside the Lines" that the Texas A&M quarterback agreed to sign memorabilia in exchange for a five-figure flat fee during his trip to Miami for the BCS National Championship Game.