Manziel

I'm having a hard time agreeing with Landlord on this. In fact, I'm having a hard time even seeing his point. That rarely happens, if ever at all. I usually always fully understand Landlord viewpoint, even if I strongly disagree with it. But this one gets me.

Bottom line is, this "kid" has the world at his hands. Is there pressure? Sure. Are there unreasonable expectations? You bet. Are the positives heavier than the negatives? Yes, and it's not even close. I dont care. I would trade lives with this kid in a heartbeat. I wouldnt even have to think about it. (not that mine is bad. Dont go there. That's not the discussion). I would love to see this cuddled "god" walk a mile in my shoes. And frankly, I wouldnt mind walkin a mile in his.

No. I have no sympathy for these "kids". Yes, these 18-19-20 year old "kids" Jesus Christ, most to all of these "kids" would sh#t their pants if they had to live the way a lot of 18-19-20 year old "kids" live. Yes, I am a hardass. I was raised by a hardass. I have no sympathy, regardless the circumstances. He trademarked his damn nickname for christ's sake. Give me a break. Let's look at the big picture folks.

I have no judgment towards you for thinking that way, because I did for a long time and I understand it. You're welcome to those thoughts.

All I know is, being personal friends with enough people that live in the public spotlight in similar, although lessened, ways, it's not something you can understand the difficulties of without actually experiencing it. And it is not easy.

I'm having a hard time agreeing with Landlord on this. In fact, I'm having a hard time even seeing his point. That rarely happens, if ever at all. I usually always fully understand Landlord viewpoint, even if I strongly disagree with it. But this one gets me.

Bottom line is, this "kid" has the world at his hands. Is there pressure? Sure. Are there unreasonable expectations? You bet. Are the positives heavier than the negatives? Yes, and it's not even close. I dont care. I would trade lives with this kid in a heartbeat. I wouldnt even have to think about it. (not that mine is bad. Dont go there. That's not the discussion). I would love to see this cuddled "god" walk a mile in my shoes. And frankly, I wouldnt mind walkin a mile in his.

No. I have no sympathy for these "kids". Yes, these 18-19-20 year old "kids" Jesus Christ, most to all of these "kids" would sh#t their pants if they had to live the way a lot of 18-19-20 year old "kids" live. Yes, I am a hardass. I was raised by a hardass. I have no sympathy, regardless the circumstances. He trademarked his damn nickname for christ's sake. Give me a break. Let's look at the big picture folks.

I have no judgment towards you for thinking that way, because I did for a long time and I understand it. You're welcome to those thoughts.

All I know is, being personal friends with enough people that live in the public spotlight in similar, although lessened, ways, it's not something you can understand the difficulties of without actually experiencing it. And it is not easy.

Obviously true Landlord. I really dont understand. But seeing this man (I'm going to refer to him as a man now-I'm dun with the kid nonsense) with money, celebs, cars, women, yada yada ya, there's just no room for sympathy. He's not helping the situation. There's plenty of other folks that higher up on the A list than him that find a way to keep it down a plenty. He's bringing a lot of it on himself.

Obviously true Landlord. I really dont understand. But seeing this man (I'm going to refer to him as a man now-I'm dun with the kid nonsense) with money, celebs, cars, women, yada yada ya, there's just no room for sympathy. He's not helping the situation. There's plenty of other folks that higher up on the A list than him that find a way to keep it down a plenty. He's bringing a lot of it on himself.

Agreed on all accounts. I don't even particularly like the kid, and have a hard time with it too. All I'm saying is, everyone struggles with problems and everyone is ungrateful for almost everything they have - it's easy to cast stones because someone else's problems/ungratefulness are wrapped up in a different and more obvious looking package than yours are.

Agreed on all accounts. I don't even particularly like the kid, and have a hard time with it too. All I'm saying is, everyone struggles with problems and everyone is ungrateful for almost everything they have - it's easy to cast stones because someone else's problems/ungratefulness are wrapped up in a different and more obvious looking package than yours are.

:thumbs

• 3 weeks later...