Huffington Post Story about Father's Day and Jack Hoffman

• 7 years later...

Sick to my stomach over this. Andy's a genuinely awesome dude. He was super gracious any time we called him up for an interview when I worked in TV.

I also interviewed him about two hours before the infamous spring game moment. I think the story was about new Team Jack shirts and just a general update on Jack/the family. Had no idea what was about to happen in a few hours.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

From Andy's Facebook:

Been a long week. Woke up Tuesday morning and couldn’t walk and threw up 4 times throughout the day. Waited until Wednesday to see if would get better and it didn’t. Was rushed to mayo by an angel flight. MRI showed there were 2 new tumors on my brain. They were concerned that my spine had tumors as well. Finished spine scan late Friday night, returned home late Friday under the lights. Oncologist sent an email Friday night and said the spine scan was clear! Now we are waiting for a new plan. Going to likely do radiation again as they are new spots. Have regained some of my mobility but still limited. 
Hopefully we can squeeze in our New Mexico elk hunt — booked it in September. I’m not up to shooting, but I am going to have Ava shoot for me. Jack is down for an elk as well. I am seeing first hand the horrible effects of this disease.  
Before all of this I was having a great go of it. Was thinking about starting running with Ava. I am now mostly wheelchair bound with limited mobility.
Recovery is back to ground zero. Hopefully we can hammer these new spots with radiation and I will be able to regain my mobility. 
My advice if you are reading this is DO IT NOW. Note the pic was taken Saturday after my return from Mayo.
Thank you and God Bless you all! Thank you so much for the prayers!

• Plus1 1