SIGNED CB Trai Mosley

Glad we got him early. The fact that we got him on campus and we were completely honest with him throughout the process will help us hold onto him WHEN he blows up.

The fact that our coaches all recruit that way is such a positive thing. It helps us recruit kids that not only are great teammates, but great people as well.

Glad we got him early. The fact that we got him on campus and we were completely honest with him throughout the process will help us hold onto him WHEN he blows up.

Heard the same on BCRS last week (around min 15). Mosley told Schaefer that he was not going to come up to camp because of the cost. However, Nebraska told him that if he comes up, impresses them during his 1-on-1's, and has a solid 40 time and vertical, they will extend an offer. Mosley was apprehensive because he had been burned by other coaching staffs who made similar promises, but obviously, he came up hit all of those benchmarks, and as promised, left with a Nebraska offer. Mosley seemed to really appreciate that honesting, and we got a commit out of it.

As discussed before, this level of honesty from Bo and the rest of the coaching staff has been key to get recruits on campus for visits and, ultimately, commitments from them. Darlington is another recent recruit that has said he loved the fact that Nebraska was not making any wild promises, like some other coaching staffs (ahem...Urban). Of course, the counterpoint of this is that the coaching staff is not promising early playing time and other things that many recruits want to hear. In the long run, I think this philosophy of honesty will pay off, hopefully by keeping our recruits loyal until NSD and happy with their position on the team when they start playing (which will help with peer recruiting).

• 2 weeks later...

From the Nebraska 247 board:

Brian Perroni:

I got you guys this pic of him today at the Texas 7-on-7 state tournament.

Mosley was a lot better than I expected today. He's definitely on the small side but he can cover incredibly well. He was like glue today. He turns his hips really well and had the speed to run with some very good receivers.

989281.jpg

• Fire 2

Love to see him sporting NU! I really believe he is a steal...he is underrated severely by all the services besides ESPN (who would have thought that). Also 247 shows he picked up a Baylor offer the end of June, but judging by the picture it must not of meant much to him!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...