S Marquise Doherty [Missouri - Signed LOI]

We are definitely after him to play on defense - probably safety. Reading between the lines I think he prefers offense but says he'll play wherever. Not sure what other schools are thinking on him as far as what position to play. We seem to have a good relationship with him and his family.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No longer attending BRW but says he's still very interested in both football and baseball at NU. Plans to visit later this summer.

I'll be the one to say it....wonder if this is a calculated move by the coaches to allow Dale and Sunderland (sp?) to check us out and commit if they want too first.

No longer attending BRW but says he's still very interested in both football and baseball at NU. Plans to visit later this summer.

I'll be the one to say it....wonder if this is a calculated move by the coaches to allow Dale and Sunderland (sp?) to check us out and commit if they want too first.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but something seems odd here. He has been set to come for some time but now has a different commitment that he supposedly can't get out of. And he can't come the following weekend because of a baseball commitment (which is probably legit). But it does seem odd that he's been on the list for some time and all of the sudden he has a conflict. Not that it couldn't be right, just odd.

But I'm not sure the coaches would handle it that way either so I don't know what to make of it.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but something seems odd here. He has been set to come for some time but now has a different commitment that he supposedly can't get out of. And he can't come the following weekend because of a baseball commitment (which is probably legit). But it does seem odd that he's been on the list for some time and all of the sudden he has a conflict. Not that it couldn't be right, just odd.

But I'm not sure the coaches would handle it that way either so I don't know what to make of it.

You're probably right, just been thinking quite a bit on which how we are going to turn down a few good players. On a side note....how does the whole baseball/football scholarship thing work? Could two way players accept a baseball scholarship instead of a football one and it not count against us?

You're probably right, just been thinking quite a bit on which how we are going to turn down a few good players. On a side note....how does the whole baseball/football scholarship thing work? Could two way players accept a baseball scholarship instead of a football one and it not count against us?

He would be counted as a football player.