Fishing line question

Have any of you used Firewire or Spiderwire?

I put firewire on an open face reel last year and really liked it. So, I started putting it on other reels this spring. I tried Spiderwire on a closed face reel and it was a disaster with a total knotted up mess inside the reel.

Anyway, I'm wondering what other's experience is with it. On my open faced reels, I love how light it is and how it casts along with it's strength.

Spider wire braided is about all I ever use but I have a bait caster and spin caster reels. I don't use the closed face reels at all. I've have had very little knots in mine but when you get em your pretty much screwed. If your having the issues with closed reels. then I suggest just sticking with monofiliment since it's a pain to untangle the line in those.

I use Spiderwire Stealth on all my baitcasters for bass and northern. Fireline is good as well, but it's easy to cut yourself on that stuff so I've gone away from it. The spiderwire seems to be more immune to knots and backlash than others I have tried, and even with 50 lb test line it casts good.

I use Spiderwire Stealth on all my baitcasters for bass and northern. Fireline is good as well, but it's easy to cut yourself on that stuff so I've gone away from it. The spiderwire seems to be more immune to knots and backlash than others I have tried, and even with 50 lb test line it casts good.

50 lb holy sh!t what do you fish for? lol

50 lb holy sh!t what do you fish for? lol

Just for northern. I don't have to worry about my line breaking then. In fact, I've broken steel leaders before and this stuff held up fine.

i heard spiderwire is pretty sick.. however i dont use it much... i cant deal with it.. though ive spliced it with mono line before.......

i usually use mono for my reels.. both spinning and conventional........ im kinda cheap so i go with berkley (forget the exact type) or Ande...

Anyone else a fan of Power Pro? Sort of similar to Spiderwire but generally a bit cheaper. It's by far my favorite for flatheads. Spiderwire is sort of flat while PP is round and I've found that the round PP line doesn't settle into the reel as much as the flat Spiderwire. (I use 50-65lb power pro, Abu Garcia 6500 C3s, and Tiger MH rods.)

When I'm drifting blood for channels I want monofilament with plenty of stretch so I usually use Berkely Big Game. (20lb Big Game, 8ft extremely slow action/soft tip trolling rod, 6500C3s.)

On my little stream and or pond fishing ultralights I just use whatever mono is on sale.