Barry Sanders vs. Charles Rogers

knapplc

Barry Sanders vs. Charles Rogers  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My intent not to include him has nothing to do with liking or not liking the man, Tim Tebow. I don't watch ESPN and I don't get bombarded with Tebow Mania. I, frankly, don't know or care what kind of coverage he gets.

I'm basing my thinking that he shouldn't be included in this list on watching him play in college. I watched a lot of Tim Tebow/Florida games. He's good. He's just not top-64-of-all-time good. That's my opinion, not based on "hate" or whatever the catchphrase is these days, just based on watching him play.

I'm being over-ruled and he'll be re-seeded in this thing. So everyone can calm down, and we'll see how far he gets in this tourney.

I have always been curious as to what Tebow has done or not done to make so many people hate him. He's not a jerk. He doesn't seek the spotlight. Seems like people despise him because ESPN has 24-7 coverage of him as if he has control over it.

I personally neither like nor dislike him. I think he was a great college player and fun to watch. His pro career so far is something to be desired but that isn't what this contest was supposed to be about.

That's why I hated him in college. They showed that clip after their loss about a million times. Stuff like that was annoying. They acted like there was never a quarterback like him before. You could make the argument that Vince Young carried his team more than Tebow. I don't dislike the guy anymore because I don't have to hear about him constantly when I'm tuning into college football highlights. I think he was a great player. But compared to Barry, he's left in the dust no matter what his stats are. You can't deny the fact that Florida was a national title caliber team without him there. Did they get better with him? Sure, but not by that much. I could see putting Tebow up to about spot 40 or so. But higher than that is pushing it in my opinion.

It all depends on how you define 'greatest'. I'm not that big on stats. TMart's stats are way better than Frazier's, but I'd take Tommie as my QB. The guy was a winner. He was a guy who walked up to the line, audibled and you had confidence he was making the right call. I just don't get that from a lot of our QBs we've had. It's an eyeball test more than anything for me. You could argue the talent disparity that TMart has vs. what Tommie had all day long and I'm not going to get into it. If we're just going to look at stats, then let's declare Ron Dayne the greatest running back ever, etc. and just have a position vs. position debate.

Tebow has the stats AND was a winner. That defines "greatest" on both accounts does it not?

I've had a private chat with the most strident Tebow supporters and, based on that chat, I'm making a change. You're welcome to curse me for violating the sanctity of this poll all you want. Mea Culpa.

As of this post, Charles Rodgers is taking Tebow's place in this poll.

Have fun! :D

I've had a private chat with the most strident Tebow supporters and, based on that chat, I'm making a change. You're welcome to curse me for violating the sanctity of this poll all you want. Mea Culpa.

You're weak. Never let the inmates run the asylum!!

I have always been curious as to what Tebow has done or not done to make so many people hate him. He's not a jerk. He doesn't seek the spotlight. Seems like people despise him because ESPN has 24-7 coverage of him as if he has control over it.

I personally neither like nor dislike him. I think he was a great college player and fun to watch. His pro career so far is something to be desired but that isn't what this contest was supposed to be about.

That's why I hated him in college. They showed that clip after their loss about a million times. Stuff like that was annoying. They acted like there was never a quarterback like him before. You could make the argument that Vince Young carried his team more than Tebow. I don't dislike the guy anymore because I don't have to hear about him constantly when I'm tuning into college football highlights. I think he was a great player. But compared to Barry, he's left in the dust no matter what his stats are. You can't deny the fact that Florida was a national title caliber team without him there. Did they get better with him? Sure, but not by that much. I could see putting Tebow up to about spot 40 or so. But higher than that is pushing it in my opinion.

It all depends on how you define 'greatest'. I'm not that big on stats. TMart's stats are way better than Frazier's, but I'd take Tommie as my QB. The guy was a winner. He was a guy who walked up to the line, audibled and you had confidence he was making the right call. I just don't get that from a lot of our QBs we've had. It's an eyeball test more than anything for me. You could argue the talent disparity that TMart has vs. what Tommie had all day long and I'm not going to get into it. If we're just going to look at stats, then let's declare Ron Dayne the greatest running back ever, etc. and just have a position vs. position debate.

Tebow has the stats AND was a winner. That defines "greatest" on both accounts does it not?

They were winners before Tebow was their QB. And don't tell me those gay little jump passes he did when Leak was their QB was the key to their success. He didn't propel them to new heights. He just maintained what they already had going there. I'd credit Urban more than anything down there. Even though he's a douche.

They were winners before Tebow was their QB. And don't tell me those gay little jump passes he did when Leak was their QB was the key to their success. He didn't propel them to new heights. He just maintained what they already had going there. I'd credit Urban more than anything down there. Even though he's a douche.

So what is Frazier then? Were the Huskers not winners (NC aside) before Frazier? I guess we should credit TO more than Frazier?

NBA reffing right there I tell ya.