Racism Alive and Well

Racism will never be gone. Don't let anyone fool you into believing that it will some day leave this planet.

If you are biased against any race for whatever reason then isn't that "racist"? Including if you marry a particular one. There are levels of racism but it aint a coincidence when you see a couple and they are of the same race. Thats 95% of the world.

discrimination based on race is what needs to stop. Can't do anything else except hope people change individually.

Yes, racism is still alive. It's bad enough when it targets an adult but seems much worse when directed at a young boy like this. I guess this is just one more reason to stay away from Twitter and tweets. I never have understood the draw of it to begin with. Ya know what? I don't care what somebody thinks or has to say about virtually anything unless they are speaking directly to me or in the context of something I care about (i.e. a thread/forum I am following on someplace like HB). This particular case is bad but I really have to wonder about people that get all upset over what some random a-hole said about some random event that really had nothing to do with them. Quit following Twitter and reading tweets and you'll be subjected to a lot less comments that make you question humanity. There is not one thing I am missing in life by not sending or reading tweets. I would highly recommend it.

Seems about like the person who once said:

Yes. Drunk Driving is alive. People go to parties, drunk too much beer and drive drunk. I guess this is just one more reason to stay away from 16 oz red plastic SOLO cups. I never have understood the draw of it to begin with. Quit going to parties where beer is served in 16oz red plastic SOLO cups and you'll be subjected to a lot less comments that make you question humanity. There is not one thing I am missing in life by not going to these type of parties. I would highly recommend it.

Afterall, the best way to stop racism and discrimination is to look the other way and avoid places where you might witness it first hand. Well stated.

The only problem i have with Mexican-Americans is that when they are born in America they still identify themselves are Mexicans rather than Americans. I worked with a guy like that. He was born in America but he viewed himself as Mexican than American. With a lot of illegals coming over they instill that in their children sometimes. That Mexico is their true home rather than where they were born.

The only problem i have with Mexican-Americans is that when they are born in America they still identify themselves are Mexicans rather than Americans. I worked with a guy like that. He was born in America but he viewed himself as Mexican than American. With a lot of illegals coming over they instill that in their children sometimes. That Mexico is their true home rather than where they were born.

And I know people who claim they are "Italian". My father says he's "Danish". My mother says she's "German".

A lot of families are proud of their heritage of what ever country their family came from. Heck, I get mailings from the Danish heritage museum in Iowa all the time asking me to belong to their group because I'm "Danish".

People are overly sensitive about this issue and it's ridiculous. Everyone should be proud of who they are and where their families came from.

• Fire 2

And I know people who claim they are "Italian". My father says he's "Danish". My mother says she's "German".

A lot of families are proud of their heritage of what ever country their family came from. Heck, I get mailings from the Danish heritage museum in Iowa all the time asking me to belong to their group because I'm "Danish".

People are overly sensitive about this issue and it's ridiculous. Everyone should be proud of who they are and where their families came from.

What flag would you fly? This is more about being proud. Some would rather fly the Mexican flag over the American flag.

Mexican is a race?

This Mexican fighter looks pretty white to me. More like "Ethnicist" or something. Anyway, you will never get rid of racism. Always will be around without a personal change.

tumblr_lrqgtfzyxU1r2azego1_1280.jpg

I know a guy whose grandfather came to Nebraska in the early 1900's from Mexico. Yes he is Hispanic and looks Hispanic but wouldn't know a word of Spanish anymore then someone would know German whose family came from there a hundred years ago. He will have other Hispanics come up to him and start rattling off to him in Spanish all the time and he has to reply "Dude I have no idea what you are saying" and they get pissed at him because he doesn't know Spanish as if he has insulted other Hispanics because over time his family has integrated themselves English speaking Americans.

Do you mean "ALL" Mexican-Americans do this? I am aware that some do this but I would stop way short of the blanket statement you made.

Having said that, I find it somewhat annoying also when some of these folks lean a little too hard that way. It's one thing to be proud of your heritage but it's another thing to put your current citizenship behind that of another country. I had an uncle who was way too enamored with his German heritage, that annoyed me too.

Do you mean "ALL" Mexican-Americans do this? I am aware that some do this but I would stop way short of the blanket statement you made.

Having said that, I find it somewhat annoying also when some of these folks lean a little too hard that way. It's one thing to be proud of your heritage but it's another thing to put your current citizenship behind that of another country. I had an uncle who was way too enamored with his German heritage, that annoyed me too.

No I don't mean all do but some do. I remember last year or so when Mexico and USA played a friendly a lot of the Hispanics at the stadium booed our national anthem.

How is that different from any other group of immigrants? Little Italy? Chinatown? Little German or Scandinavian communities throughout the midwest?

Give it a generation or two. The United States is a melting pot but it doesn't happen immediately.