If you had to vote for someone from the other party?

Because I tend to vote conservative, i normally vote Republican - (Repub does not = conservative by default). I was thinking, if I had to vote for someone from the other party who would it be.

I could come up with many from years ago but not too many today.

So I give you this question, if the best candidate for president seem to be someone from the other party - who would it be?

Edit: To remove the party label we can say if you lean more liberal - which more moderate or conservative person would you consider and if you are more conservative, which more moderate - liberal person would you vote for

Me:

Senator Bob Casey Jr. - Penn

former Governor of Virginia, Tim Kaine

Senator Joe Donnelly - Indiana

Former Indiana Senator Evan Bayh

Here are a few that quickly come to my mind of the previous Democratic leaders - from my younger days:

My 1st vote ever was for George McGovern - for Senate in my home state of SD

I'd vote for HHH if I had the chance - I did a major college paper on Hubert Humphrey. Great individual - too bad he got tied to LBJ's war.

Sam Nunn

Scoop Jackson

JFK - in many ways more conservative then many of today's moderate repubs

Former NY Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan - was born here in Tulsa

I'm sure there are many more but this is just a quick list.

Edited by TGHusker

I'm with Nuance, I lean left but I honestly don't know who I'd vote for on either side at this point. If Christie ran I would probably vote for him, but as much as he seems like a moderate I wonder if it's just to appease his constituents in Jersey. He said some things at the GOP national convention that turned me off, but lately he's been about as real as a politician can get.

I will never vote Republican or Democrat again. Ever. It's time we gave someone else a shot. Those two parties care more about NOT giving what the other party wants more than they do about the American public. 3rd party from here on out. My choice will be between Libertarian, Green, and Independent. (registered Independent for 18 years and lean left)

• Fire 3

Jon Huntsman.

Why of course you would. Sorry, but I'm going to have to protest this selection. Huntsman makes a bunch of dems look conservative. You might need to "stretch" a bit further to actually claim you are reaching outside your comfort zone.

I will never vote Republican or Democrat again. Ever. It's time we gave someone else a shot. Those two parties care more about NOT giving what the other party wants more than they do about the American public. 3rd party from here on out. My choice will be between Libertarian, Green, and Independent. (registered Independent for 18 years and lean left)

I tend to agree with you - I lean more libertarian then ever before. - anymore we got Democrat and Democrat light I know there is some small constitution party - I haven't looked at it - but I would like to see a party much more committed to the constitution - I'd can see civil libertarians who are fed up wt the current IRS and DOJ scandals, Anti-war crowd, and fiscal conservatives all being concerned with big gov overstepping during the Bush and the Obama admins. These are all constitutional issues IMHO. I wonder if us 'voting for the lessor of the 2 evils' - either left or right - keeps the status quo humming along.

Jon Huntsman.

Why of course you would. Sorry, but I'm going to have to protest this selection. Huntsman makes a bunch of dems look conservative. You might need to "stretch" a bit further to actually claim you are reaching outside your comfort zone.

But....He has a hot daughter.