DT Claude Pelon [USC Commit]

I got this from BTN.com/connect

Brandon Cavanaugh @eightlaces

Hits keep coming for Nebraska recruiting. Apparently Claudeson Pelon has canceled his trip to Lincoln.

BTW. who is Brandon Cavanaugh?

DAMN YOU BRANDON CAVANAUGH!

Why does everyone hate on Brandon? I mean, he's just speaking the truth, nothing I didn't know.

First and foremost, haven't been on the site in a while, looks REALLY good. Maybe I could get my sign-in name changed since I don't live in Houston anymore? I dunno...

Anyways, the reason I'm here is cause Pelon was basically slow played by Nebraska. Not that it's a bad thing; Nebraska's offer list has been pretty large and they have tried to "focus attention on everyone". However, by the time Nebraska came with an offer, Pelon's interest had basically died down and Tosh did what Tosh does and well there ya go.

Is it possible that Pelon could come? Well, yes, but he'd be one of the bigger targets on the board right now. He's not a depth addition, he could very well be starting next year given Nebraska's DL situation. I wouldn't really count on Claude coming. Now, Rennell Wren is a guy you should consider (maybe you have, I haven't read the board much lately) along with Cory Thomas from Alabama (big Mississippi St lean, but could be looking for someone else if Dan Mullen gets told to kick rocks).

However, to be brutally honest (and I've talked about this for a while), there is no real consideration of what Nebr/Ross Els is going right now with recruiting. On one hand, there are MULTIPLE OV's ready to be taken and who knows who will be out there. On the other hand, this seems to be a normal occurrence where the staff waits till Dec/Jan and sees who is not getting love. While that worked well last year, this season seems to be a little more slim pickings.

Again, probably completely off the thread, but I'll try to pop back in with more insight as I learn it. Thanks for reading my diatribe. GBR.

Brian Towle

CornNation.com/SBNation.com

• 1 month later...

What happened here? Once a Husker lean now visiting everywhere but Nebraska

I think we cooled on him. We are in on Clinkscales, and thought we had a shot Stuckey. Both are probably better prospects.

I would agree here.

Yeah, I not sure he was as interested in us as he said was.

What happened here? Once a Husker lean now visiting everywhere but Nebraska

I think we cooled on him. We are in on Clinkscales, and thought we had a shot Stuckey. Both are probably better prospects.

I would agree here.

Nah. It apppeared we were slow on him from the start because we had our eyes on Abu Lamin. By the time that ship sailed, Pelon was already looking elsewhere, so we did, too. Clinkscales and Stuckey were hearing from the Huskers for a while, but both got offers after the initial round of JUCO DL passed on us. However, I do agree with the fact that both Clinkscales and Stuckey seem like better prospects than Pelon.

• 3 weeks later...