DT Claude Pelon [USC Commit]

Claude Pelon from Mesa (Ariz.) C.C. is working hard this summer. He has another week or so left of his last summer course and says that he's paying a lot of attention to improving his footwork through this summer.

"Summer is going good," Pelon said. "I am in Arizona this summer. I am just working out everyday. I am really working out everyday. I am really working my footwork and I am doing some classwork. I am done with my class the 18th."

Continue...

http://nebraska.scou.../2/1306465.html

Some rumblings he may visit this summer yet. Would rather have him visit over summer maybe during fall camp so he gets some personal attention from the staff.

Ya, would be nice for staff to get some real quality-time in. Plus I always just worry about somebody else getting him to commit before getting here to see everthing and meet everyone. When we get kids to visit they generally come away impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't seem like we are recruiting him that hard

I like what we have on our roster better.

Think this has anything to do with him being a Dec. grad?

That's all I can think of. To add another body. At this point I see him as almost an end in a 3-4 and not a 4-3 DT in the slightest. Add another body is the only think I can see.

That's all I can think of. To add another body. At this point I see him as almost an end in a 3-4 and not a 4-3 DT in the slightest. Add another body is the only think I can see.

Sounds like we might end up around 25-26 signees, so it might not be a bad thing to add him for depth if needed with a bigger class than we thought.

Sounds like we might end up around 25-26 signees, so it might not be a bad thing to add him for depth if needed with a bigger class than we thought.

I can't wait to see this class blow up (with spots available) at the end of the season we could/should have.

Scout says we are in the top 2 for Pelon with wiscy vying for a visit.. Would be great to land this kid. He is raw in his technique, but has a lot of ability u can't coach.

Um ... another site quotes him as saying Miami and Washington are his leaders and claims U$C is third. He said Nebraska is in his top 5.