Now usually I don't do this but uh....

I agree the film looks good. But, I also believe the coaches know more about football then I ever will.

I agree with that statement completely. However, I do believe coaches make mistakes on players like this. Noah Keller is a good example as well.

I agree the film looks good. But, I also believe the coaches know more about football then I ever will.

I agree with that statement completely. However, I do believe coaches make mistakes on players like this. Noah Keller is a good example as well.

Noah Keller is a terrible example if talking about NU 's staff. If you are referring to Other programs across the nation than I agree. But that was under Clownahan and if you weren't checking in at 235 you weren't going to get looked at by that staff as a LB especially a MIKE like Keller was.

Noah Keller is a terrible example if talking about NU 's staff. If you are referring to Other programs across the nation than I agree. But that was under Clownahan and if you weren't checking in at 235 you weren't going to get looked at by that staff as a LB especially a MIKE like Keller was.

Example aside, our staff has made mistakes when handing out offers. I believe you know that as well. I think you were here saying that the 8 man kid from last year that signed with Iowa should be offered.

Yeah this guy is just bigger than everyone else by a hundo. Not offer worthy IMO.

So were UCLA and Alabama wrong for requesting film???

I'm sure you know there is a huge difference between requesting film and offering.

Correct. My point being is that BGHS plays some big time football and some big time football programs out of state out west. This kid will blow up and it will not surprise me if a school like UCLA and other PAC 12 schools offer him. I personally feel he would fit very well into our program and an offer should be extended.

Yeah this guy is just bigger than everyone else by a hundo. Not offer worthy IMO.

I'm sure you know there is a huge difference between requesting film and offering.

Correct. My point being is that BGHS plays some big time football and some big time football programs out of state out west. This kid will blow up and it will not surprise me if a school like UCLA and other PAC 12 schools offer him. I personally feel he would fit very well into our program and an offer should be extended.

I doubt this kid will "blow up". My guess is that he'll end up at UNLV...maybe Nevada or Boise State if he's lucky.

I doubt this kid will "blow up". My guess is that he'll end up at UNLV...maybe Nevada or Boise State if he's lucky.

Players of his size and motor are hard to find. Will be disappointed if he ends up at a place like UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State, Arizona, or Arizona State and tears it up. He's better than mid-major schools.

Just rewatched some of those highlights you linked and I don't really see what you find so impressive. Aside from being the biggest guy on the field 99% of the time, there isn't much that jumps out. He's not going to be able to bull over or shuck every guy on the next level.

I doubt this guy ends up up the Pac 12. Probably more of a Mountain West kind of kid.

Just rewatched some of those highlights you linked and I don't really see what you find so impressive. Aside from being the biggest guy on the field 99% of the time, there isn't much that jumps out. He's not going to be able to bull over or shuck every guy on the next level.

I doubt this guy ends up up the Pac 12. Probably more of a Mountain West kind of kid.

So you don't see him getting off double teams and still making plays? It's in there. Sure, he's the biggest guy on the field but most HS DTS are. This is also only junior film.

So you don't see him getting off double teams and still making plays? It's in there. Sure, he's the biggest guy on the field but most HS DTS are. This is also only junior film.

I see him getting off double teams from two kids that are each a third his size. Perhaps we ought to revisit this thread later on this fall, maybe even December and see what sort of offers he has around that time.

• Fire 2

So he handles the kids he should. Saying that you're not impressed with him dominating smaller kids isn't his fault. He mauls whoever is in front of him. Seeing him fail against kids his own size(which we havent seen)is different than seeing him dominate smaller competition and degrading him cause nobody is his size.

I see him getting off double teams from two kids that are each a third his size. Perhaps we ought to revisit this thread later on this fall, maybe even December and see what sort of offers he has around that time.

I hope you were exaggerating slightly. Does he have size on most kids he goes up against? Sure. But just about EVERY D1 DT does in HS. He gets doubled by kids that aren't as big 1v1, however they are bigger than what you say

For those argueing about this kids opponents and who he plays against, go look at their schedule from last year and again at this year. They play national powerhouses from across the country. The kid is facing talent just as good and big as he is.