Who's not coming? - Players fight?

Alcohol, marijuana, paraphernalia, and a fight..... Do any, or all of these even combined, necessarily add up to being kicked off the team permanently? I would hope that our football players were above this behavior and smarter than that but I guess I'm missing the critical element that shouts "yeah, somebody's gone". I realize the players get scrutinized more and are held to a higher standard but, so far, it sounds like a typical Friday night from my college days.

Well, having pot or drug paraphernalia is a crime, fighting can be a crime, and underage drinking is a crime, so I would say yes, these definitely can lead to being kicked off the team permanently.

So are speeding and not wearing a seatbelt

you grab some pot, a bong, a 19 year old kid and a case of beer ,then go to a party and pick a fight.

i'll speed over there without my seat belt on to watch you get arrested.

which of us do you think has a worse night when the cops arrive? :)

trick question. you are dead from a head on collision.

I had to +1 both of the last 2 posts here....lmao.... I needed some humor after reading through the first 3 pages of this topic. Thank you,,

Alcohol, marijuana, paraphernalia, and a fight..... Do any, or all of these even combined, necessarily add up to being kicked off the team permanently? I would hope that our football players were above this behavior and smarter than that but I guess I'm missing the critical element that shouts "yeah, somebody's gone". I realize the players get scrutinized more and are held to a higher standard but, so far, it sounds like a typical Friday night from my college days.

Well, having pot or drug paraphernalia is a crime, fighting can be a crime, and underage drinking is a crime, so I would say yes, these definitely can lead to being kicked off the team permanently.

So are speeding and not wearing a seatbelt

you grab some pot, a bong, a 19 year old kid and a case of beer ,then go to a party and pick a fight.

i'll speed over there without my seat belt on to watch you get arrested.

which of us do you think has a worse night when the cops arrive? :)

Were the cops involved in the Husker instance?

we're talking about the level of criminality of each offense...not who got away with what...

How long can university wait to make a statement?

As long as they want. They aren't legally bound to even make a statement.

If these players are off the team, I would assume they would give the players time to inform their families before it hits the press as an official statement.

Accordning to my inside source (wifi) this is all a big misunderstanding. Since all of these players have naturally strong builds (like wifi) it looked like they were fighting when they actually weren't. He couldn't seem to explain the drugs and alcohol :dunno

• Fire 4

Correct me if I'm wrong but, if any criminal charges had been filed, this story would already be beyond rumorville status. I understand that all of these things, in the right/wrong circumstance could constitute a crime. My point was that these things also could only be pretty mild infractions of team rules, only deserving of internal consequences or possibly temporary suspensions.

I guess I don't know Bo's rules for sure, or if he has any zero tolerance type policies, but it seems to me that first offense for any of these shouldn't garner much more than a stern talking to. Heck, in Colorado, you couldn't even say that having pot or paraphernalia is a crime. Are our players being held to a higher standard than those in states where these items are no longer considered illegal?

If there is no law enforcement involved, I can't comprehend what actions would persuade Bo to terminate two young kids. To my knowledge, none of those involved have histories.

This is a non-issue for me until I hear some damning evidence otherwise.

My thoughts exactly.

Ditto.

No proof, no police, no problems.

Let the real story get out before everyone starts wetting the bed.

• Fire 1
My favorite part of rumors/stories like these is how the local journalists (Sipple, B.C., McKewon, Chatlein, etc.) completely turn a blind eye to it, and try their hardest to act like it doesn't exist. They probably should, for their own credibility, at least until something concrete comes out, but I still find it amusing.... They completely vanish from Twitter during times like this!

Its more political than that. The print media has access to the program, they get interviews and comments and so on. And making any sort of comment might cut that access short. And most likely rules from the papers to make sure they don't damage the access.

The radio guys (especially the Omaha guys) are already banned from access from the idiotic media contract that gives exclusive broadcast rights to one company, that doesnt even have a carrier for most of the state's population. So they don't care. And are not under what amounts to gag orders from their bosses.

Are our players being held to a higher standard than those in states where these items are no longer considered illegal?

Yes.

I don't know if it is a higher standard but it has to be a different standard. Just because it is legal in Colorado doesn't give them the all clear to do it in Nebraska. Laws are laws.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, if any criminal charges had been filed, this story would already be beyond rumorville status. I understand that all of these things, in the right/wrong circumstance could constitute a crime. My point was that these things also could only be pretty mild infractions of team rules, only deserving of internal consequences or possibly temporary suspensions.

I guess I don't know Bo's rules for sure, or if he has any zero tolerance type policies, but it seems to me that first offense for any of these shouldn't garner much more than a stern talking to. Heck, in Colorado, you couldn't even say that having pot or paraphernalia is a crime. Are our players being held to a higher standard than those in states where these items are no longer considered illegal?

The NCAA has rules against drugs that would apply here, regardless of living in Colorado or Nebraska.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Latest+News/2013/January/NCAA+committee+adjusts+marijuana+testing+threshold

Calm down, this is how EZ-E works. He'll play the "I know more than you know" thing for a while. Then he'll get berated for it. Mention your low post count. A bunch of people will come to his defense. It'll get moved to the shed, then we start all over again with the same thing a few days later regarding something else. Just ignore the post above. :)

Enough.