Rivals Top 10 Pregame Traditions

I would point out that getting drunk and losing consciousness is sometimes a pregame activity. Not by me of course. At least not very often that I'll admit to.

:lol:

FIFY

Ha ha! I'll admit to getting trashed before games. Back in college. But I never actually lost consciousness.

I'm probably a "better" fan as an alum, then back then as a student. I don't sneak booze into the game anymore. I only have one, or at most, two beers before the game. And I don't bail out in the fourth quarter when it's a blowout so I can hit the bars early. :lol:

Is dotting the ' i ' at Ohio State pregame - or is that at halftime?

It's not always done pregame (remember when Maher went out to warm up after halftime while the Buckeye Band was on the field, and how they booed him?), which is why it probably didn't make this list. Otherwise it's easily top ten, if not top three. Maybe #1.

How have I not heard about this?

Is dotting the ' i ' at Ohio State pregame - or is that at halftime?

It's not always done pregame (remember when Maher went out to warm up after halftime while the Buckeye Band was on the field, and how they booed him?), which is why it probably didn't make this list. Otherwise it's easily top ten, if not top three. Maybe #1.

Yeah, they mix it up, sometimes its a pregame deal and others its a halftime deal. I have no clue what criteria they use to decide when it gets done as they have done halftime at really big games and pregame at really big games.

I will tel you this, if you need to know how to be part of university band this may help. there is definitely a point where you see the band pick up aggression.

Speaking from experience. The thing most people don't realize is the ramp entrance is an extremely physical event. High stepping at 180 steps per minute in time. Those quads weigh 75 pounds. During the auditions (no one is guaranteed a spot in the band the next year - when I tried out, half the veterans were ousted) you could easily lose 10-15 pounds over that weekend. (Yes most of it is water weight.)

Sorry to go back to bands, but i was watching some things, you know how that goes. Anywho go to the 1:20 mark and watch the Drum Major from Michigan do the traditional head tap but without his gear on, does it to his actual skull, umm yeah, hi quads do much work? Its impressive and yes, he falters a little, but not something I could have never done even when actually playing football.

Sorry to go back to bands, but i was watching some things, you know how that goes. Anywho go to the 1:20 mark and watch the Drum Major from Michigan do the traditional head tap but without his gear on, does it to his actual skull, umm yeah, hi quads do much work? Its impressive and yes, he falters a little, but not something I could have never done even when actually playing football.

Didn't the tuba player dotting the i a few years ago nail the cameraman with his tuba or something like that?

There is a poll on college XM doing roughly the same thing. Nebraska meets Michigan in the second round. It the Blackshirts vs Go Blue. Amazing is the fact that Florida State was beaten out by Penn. Tossing the Toast. They actually throw bread on the field after the 3rd quarter. Osceola went home early. Notre Dame is in, Army, and Texas A&M, Oklahoma. The USC song girls have been eliminated.

Second round start Monday. Interesting fact, Nebraska had more votes than any other competitor in the contest. It is a facebook deal. Down to the final 16 I think on Monday. From the sounds of the numbers Nebraska will win the overall best tradition.