How many days to live if our sun suddenly burned out ??? Two weeks or less ?? I have no idea.

Well, light takes roughly 8 minutes to get to Earth from the Sun. So, around 8 minutes after that, the Earth will go completely dark from natural light.

Pluto (something a long ways away from the Sun) is -233 degrees F at its coldest. So, let's just say that's how cold the Earth will get. Sure, we have heat in our homes but no where close to what would be needed to sustain life with that cold outside.

I'm betting that if the sun burns out, life on Earth won't last 24 hours.

How many days to live if our sun suddenly burned out ??? Two weeks or less ?? I have no idea.

Well, light takes roughly 8 minutes to get to Earth from the Sun. So, around 8 minutes after that, the Earth will go completely dark from natural light.

Pluto (something a long ways away from the Sun) is -233 degrees F at its coldest. So, let's just say that's how cold the Earth will get. Sure, we have heat in our homes but no where close to what would be needed to sustain life with that cold outside.

Only 24 hours?

I read another board and the scientist (supposedly) said a few months. He (or she) said built-in insulation (atmosphere) and the heat was not totally sun but earth itself.

Only 24 hours?

I read another board and the scientist (supposedly) said a few months. He (or she) said built-in insulation (atmosphere) and the heat was not totally sun but earth itself.

My 24 hours comes from a very reliable source........Wild ass guess.

I didn't think about heat from the earth.

If the planet goes dark, I'm guessing crime would go WAY WAY up and Vin Diesel would be our new ruler since he can see in the dark

I am so going to rob your house when the sun blows up

Good luck. My house is rigged like Home Alone

I will go all out ninja. You won't even know I am there.

Out ninja? Wtf is that?