Big Ten Media Days Thread

After watching a lot of highlites of Gerry, and seeing enough of the other guys coming in and the ones we already have, I'll be shocked as hell if Gerry is not a starting safety by mid-season.

I would be, I love how everyone pumps up the true freshmen

• Fire 1
The only time I saw Pelini get riled up was when a reporter asked him if he saw the Big Ten getting closer to bridging the gap to the SEC.

Pelini doesn't care for those general conference conversations.

"You talking about Alabama?" Pelini said. "I guarantee there are a lot of teams in the SEC that aren't Alabama that wish they were Nebraska, wish they were Michigan, wish they were Ohio State. Don't talk to me about the SEC. ... You know, the whole SEC isn't Alabama, it isn't LSU, it isn't Georgia. Let's talk about certain teams. ... There are some teams in the SEC that are trying to bridge the gap to be us. Everybody wants to lump the whole SEC into one category. Let's not go there."

LJS Article

Glad Bo and I are on the same page.

After watching a lot of highlites of Gerry, and seeing enough of the other guys coming in and the ones we already have, I'll be shocked as hell if Gerry is not a starting safety by mid-season.

I would be, I love how everyone pumps up the true freshmen

I doubt any true frosh starts. I'm pretty high on Gerry, but he'll most likely only get a little playing time.

• 5 months later...

The only time I saw Pelini get riled up was when a reporter asked him if he saw the Big Ten getting closer to bridging the gap to the SEC.

Pelini doesn't care for those general conference conversations.

"You talking about Alabama?" Pelini said. "I guarantee there are a lot of teams in the SEC that aren't Alabama that wish they were Nebraska, wish they were Michigan, wish they were Ohio State. Don't talk to me about the SEC. ... You know, the whole SEC isn't Alabama, it isn't LSU, it isn't Georgia. Let's talk about certain teams. ... There are some teams in the SEC that are trying to bridge the gap to be us. Everybody wants to lump the whole SEC into one category. Let's not go there."

LJS Article

I cant help it. Had to bump this. This is a fun little nugget. This is where Bo called out the SEC. Much the same as Bob Stoops did. And yet the two went out and beat Georgia and Bama in bowl games. LOL. I'm pretty damn proud of this. Dont really care what the circumstances are. Bob Stoops was ridiculed pretty good today on ESPN radio. Was gonna get that lesson. Even the radio ad for the game said "Bob Stoops called out the SEC before the season. This will be the first SEC team he's faced all year, bla bla bla". Good for him. Good for Bo.

They have the only two wins over SEC teams in bowl games this year, thus far. With two to go.

Them damn Youngstown boys...

• Fire 5