the deer itch

I haven't been doing it long enough to get into it that much, but I have been getting the itch to purchase my own land so that I can just walk out my back door and go hunting during deer season. I still have a bunch of deer meat from last season I HAVE to get through or I won't have any room in my freezer for more. I figure I'll just make a bunch of jerky and that'll take care of a lot of it. Especially the roasts..................I don't think I can force myself to do that with the loin though.

I haven't been doing it long enough to get into it that much, but I have been getting the itch to purchase my own land so that I can just walk out my back door and go hunting during deer season. I still have a bunch of deer meat from last season I HAVE to get through or I won't have any room in my freezer for more. I figure I'll just make a bunch of jerky and that'll take care of a lot of it. Especially the roasts..................I don't think I can force myself to do that with the loin though.

You ain't no kind of man if you ain't got land.

with these cooler temps the mind starts gravitating towards one of my favorite things to do. bow hunt white tails. put a few cams up last week end and moved some stands today. checked one camera and got some nice bucks on film, ill get some pix up to show soon. any body else getting the itch??

I definitely got the itch this weekend.With this fall like weather,it seems like football and hunting season are here.Best time of the year!And my stand is only 2 minutes walking distance from my front door.

You ain't no kind of man if you ain't got land.

Land is really expensive around the metro area where I live. I'm talking $5,000 an acre just for timber! I would like around 50 acres or more, but wanting and affording are two different things.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now I probably watch the outdoor/hunting channels more than anything else. I have been shooting my bow quite a bit too. Deer are hitting the mineral sites but I can't afford trail cams yet. Best time of the year coming up!

you don't need to break the bank on a good cam, lots of great ones under 100bucks.

Right now I probably watch the outdoor/hunting channels more than anything else. I have been shooting my bow quite a bit too. Deer are hitting the mineral sites but I can't afford trail cams yet. Best time of the year coming up!

you don't need to break the bank on a good cam, lots of great ones under 100bucks.

Absolutely. If you want a really basic (and completely adequate) trail camera I highly recommend this one:

41-NCYeVsdL._SX342_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...co+trail+camera

It's usually available for around $50. I own a couple high end (~$300) cameras and 3 of these Tascos and I wish that I would have spent the extra money on additional Tasco cameras instead. (ignore the negative Amazon reviews . . .)

If you do buy this model I recommend placing a strip of electrical tape over the red LED. That's my only complaint about the camera . . .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1380321_10151911405702488_1895906848_n.jpg

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2013 MONSTER BUCK DEER My faith in Internet stories has been restored. Finally, some honesty in big buck hunting stories. Below is a picture of the new world record whitetail buck. It was taken by the cousin of a co-worker's sister's uncle's best friend's son-in-law's niece's hairdresser's neighbor's ex-boyfriend's oldest nephew. Reportedly it will score 2603-1/8 by B&C standard and was shot in West Texas on a really windy day, 85 degrees downhill, around a curve at 900 yards with a .22 cal. rifle. Supposedly, this deer had killed a Brahma bull, two Land Rovers, and six Jehovah's Witnesses in the last two weeks alone. They said it was winning a fight with Bigfoot when it was shot. It has also been confirmed that the buck had been seen drinking discharge water from a nuclear power plant. All this has been checked and confirmed by my friends at Snopes.con Honestly and Sincerely, Barack H. Obama