Could you watch the Huskers on tape delay? Dilemma (input needed)

I couldnt do it. I'd have to find a radio or something. Knowing it's going on "right now" would drive me nuts. A few years back we went to a friends house for the road game in Norman. We dont normally do this. I'm a lot like Knapp in this regard. I cant watch games around other people. We did this time for some reason. One of the others was running late. Right before the kickoff, the guy pauses the DVR (I think dvr was relatively new and prestine at the time). I ask grumpily "what the hell you doin?" He says so and so is not here yet. Dont want him to miss it. Too bad. Play the damn game. It just drives me nuts knowing the game is going on and not knowing what's happening. After a couple minutes of waiting, I strolled over and grabbed the remote out of his hand and hit play. By that time, OU had already scored of course (2008). Pissed me off royally.

We went home at halftime.

I love the Huskers as much as anyone, but how can watching a game be a higher priority than that extra income? Especially when you can go back and watch it later?

Don't quit your job. But if you do, invite us all over for gameday so we can bring you a beer, since you'll have to tighten the belt on your own budget.

The last several years I've attended a conference in Denver the week of New Years. Both of the last years the bowl game happened to coincide with my bus trip back to Nebraska. It became a running joke to try and ruin it for me (I refused to watch live stats or internet radio streams, I cranked my headphones and went on lockdown until I could watch it).

People literally tried ripping my headphones off and screaming the scores in my ear.

Personally, I hate the guy who is out and says "don't tell me the score of the game, I have it on DVR, and I don't want it ruined". That guy is lame. Sports is made to be enjoyed live, via TV, radio, or webcasts. My son has soccer games that sometimes conflict with the Husker games. I follow the live stats from the game on my phone, until I can listen to the radio or watch it on TV. I wish there was a good app that broadcasts the games on iphones, but I haven't found anything yet. Any radio station app, like iheart, doesn't get to carry the broadcasts, and I have never been able to get the broadcast to work on the Huskers app from the University.

Once I get home, I will watch the rest of the game on TV and then go back to watch the DVR for the portion of the game I missed.

I couldnt do it. I'd have to find a radio or something. Knowing it's going on "right now" would drive me nuts. A few years back we went to a friends house for the road game in Norman. We dont normally do this. I'm a lot like Knapp in this regard. I cant watch games around other people. We did this time for some reason. One of the others was running late. Right before the kickoff, the guy pauses the DVR (I think dvr was relatively new and prestine at the time). I ask grumpily "what the hell you doin?" He says so and so is not here yet. Dont want him to miss it. Too bad. Play the damn game. It just drives me nuts knowing the game is going on and not knowing what's happening. After a couple minutes of waiting, I strolled over and grabbed the remote out of his hand and hit play. By that time, OU had already scored of course (2008). Pissed me off royally.

We went home at halftime.

Haha. That was a great story. I would have done the same thing lol.

Man I thpught I was bad about watching football, particularly Husker games but you guys are nuts. It's pretty simple; you either need the second job and the extra income, so you make it work or, you don't need it and in that case, you do what you want. Believe it or not, there are things more important than watching a football game live. Personally I would suggest, if you need the job, don't even ask about the possibility of having weekends off for football season. Nobody needs you that bad as an employee. Either suck it up and try DVR with info lockdown, realizing it will occasionally be ruined, or quit now.

The bold part says it all.

Exactly....if you need the job, get a radio and listen to it at work. Heck, that's how us old folks did it for most games back when we were young. Games on the radio can be very exciting and you get other stuff done at the same time. DVR it and watch it when you get home if you want to actually see it. You can fast foward through commercials and time outs.

I do it all the time.

The things not to do if you do this.

1. If you have them on your facebook, DON"T open it up until after you watch the game.

2. If you have the Husker apparel coming thru your email, don't open email until after you watch also, they will spoil who wins.

I do everything possible not to hear or see anything that has to do with the game. If you live in Nebraska, I am sure it will be hard. Living in Oklahoma, it's alot easier for me to not hear anything if I do the 2 steps above.