Sam Keller's lawsuit against EA/NCAA

Why is ESPN being brought up in this? We learned why that's not a defense when we were all in kindergarten - "two wrongs don't make a right."

These guys don't have to sue ESPN to be right. The fact that they haven't sued ESPN - yet - doesn't mean they're wrong. It's a completely irrelevant statement.

• Fire 1

Why is ESPN being brought up in this? We learned why that's not a defense when we were all in kindergarten - "two wrongs don't make a right."

These guys don't have to sue ESPN to be right. The fact that they haven't sued ESPN - yet - doesn't mean they're wrong. It's a completely irrelevant statement.

ESPN is being brought in because the people who do the "hur dur, vidyagames, who cares" as a dismissal for the outcome, don't understand where this will go.

In the end it's simple, they could have allowed EA to pay the players, or go fully randomized, and just let the gamers create their own rosters. Instead, the NCAA pulled the plug because they were trying to stem the tide.

That's not entirely accurate. By having mod tools in place for users to generate that level of detail, the dev still gets slapped in court. EA generally refuses to release a PC version of almost any sports game. They are not a fan of any game they make having mod tools. Its a large part of why their AAA titles tend to need Origin to play as it is.

• Plus1 1
  • 3 months later...

First step in getting a new game on shelves by Summer 2016.

Yup. The NCAA already licenses the kids likeness for TV, advertising, and magazines. No reason they can't make some changes with the CLC and extend it to this. There's a huge following for this series, especially with the kids who are on the field.

Well, if you don't mind the fact that Xbox One owners will be able to play NCAA 14 starting this fall (with the announcement of reverse compatibility update coming out for XB1) users will just make the rosters current for every year.

If that bothers you and you want a new game every year, you're crazy. The '14 model was the best they put out and I thought the game play was absolutely phenomenal.

Not every year, but sometime in the future a new engine would do the game wonders. I personally couldn't get into 14, but then I feel like the best was 2002. That's including all of them back to bill walsh and ncaa's national championship. I suppose I could count NES play action as you could play as the huskers in that, sorta. All they have to do is let users create assets. don't make memorial stadium and herbie husker, just have a toolset that makes it easy for players to make the stuff, then let everyone share everything. It'd be like minecraft, for football.