Board Rules - Both Michigan and NU Fans

Things are starting to get out of hand. Please bear in mind that, regardless whether you are a Michigan fan or an Nebraska fan, as a memeber of this board you agreed to abide by the rules. That means no name-calling, personal attacks or derogatory remarks.

I have removed one entire thread, and split another in which the posts clearly violated the board rules. Continued violations - by parties from either side - may result in bans.

Folks, talking a little smack is fine. But let's not let this deginerate. If you must throw around juvenile insults, take it to the Woodshed. If you want the password to the Woodshed, PM or email any of the Mods or Administrators.

Thanks.

I don't recall ever having this problem with the OU fans. Am I missing something? I do know that when I was at Ohio St grad school, that the MU fans would come into Columbus and trash strore fronts and cars and brawl at the bars, but I presumed that was just between those 2 schools. Apparently, this game has brought out some bad blood that I didn't know excited. Or maybe it's only a handful of misfits.

I encourage all threaders to NOT react to someone else in an emotional manner and just provide opinions backed up with some stats or examples. Otherwise why even read the posts?

I don't recall ever having this problem with the OU fans. Am I missing something? I do know that when I was at Ohio St grad school, that the MU fans would come into Columbus and trash strore fronts and cars and brawl at the bars, but I presumed that was just between those 2 schools. Apparently, this game has brought out some bad blood that I didn't know excited. Or maybe it's only a handful of misfits.

I encourage all threaders to NOT react to someone else in an emotional manner and just provide opinions backed up with some stats or examples. Otherwise why even read the posts?

Gosh, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were insinuating that Michigan fans are the problem. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that you went to Ohio State at one point. Just so you know, we don't exactly think Buckeye fans are the spitting image of Ghandi when they come to Ann Arbor either. OSU fans are just as flagrant. Besides, you're using an example of an instance regarding the most fierce and most historic (save maybe Army/Navy) in all of college sports-- or sports all together. Of course there are going to be instances where individuals from one side acted flagrantly towards the other in that type of rivalry. If you think all Michigan fans are crazy rioters because of what you saw, then I wonder if you'd think similarly of Husker fans if you saw a few of them behaving similarly. AND there are Husker fans that act that way. You can blow smoke up everybody's behind about how Husker fans are so respectful and classy-- that's a complete load. I came to school in Omaha 6 years ago and as soon as anyone saw that "M" on anything I had, I was hounded about how awesome Nebraska was and how Michigan was junk by comparison. Thanks for all the class. So keep getting off on your "holier than thou" trips, but know that there are those among you that are far more annoying than any other team's fans because this whole "we're the best no matter what" mentality. It's not that I don't think Nebraska has good fans, they have a lot-- but it seems like many turn a blind eye to Husker fans that act out of line, but blow up when you see other team's fans do the same thing. That's what's really annoying: Nebraska fans are composed of the same "types" of fans as any other school-- it's just that ya'll are too self-involved and blinded by your own loyalties that you don't/refuse to see it.

I dont seem to remember our student section getting thrown out of the game for unruly behavior, ala Colorado. Three of the five espn analysts who were asked who has the best fans in college football said the huskers, and these people have actually been to the stadium at games, and have seen the husker fans on the road as well. That's not bad considering there are 119 D-1 teams. If you are upset because husker fans have a high opinion of ourselves, than too bad, because we have earned it. Why dont you go to ann arbor and cheer Ohio State off of the field after they beat you yet again, and than maybe you can put yourself at our level.

If you think all Michigan fans are crazy rioters because of what you saw, then I wonder if you'd think similarly of Husker fans if you saw a few of them behaving similarly. AND there are Husker fans that act that way. You can blow smoke up everybody's behind about how Husker fans are so respectful and classy-- that's a complete load. I came to school in Omaha 6 years ago and as soon as anyone saw that "M" on anything I had, I was hounded about how awesome Nebraska was and how Michigan was junk by comparison. Thanks for all the class.

Yea, there are "bad fans" on both sides of every coin, not really surprising.

Anyway, the jist of this thread was to remind ALL board members that they need to follow the rules and NOT get involved in petty name calling or any other junior high type vocabulary.

Yeah, let's not get into the petty crap. Fact is, NU and MU have tradition rich programs, this year both teams were underachieving at some points. NU and MU may not get to face off again for another 20 years, so let's embrace this game and enjoy what is sure to be a very fun game to watch. Maybe NU and MU will square off in a BCS game in a couple years, who knows. I got my "Restore the Order" shirt last night and I am fully charged up for the game now! MU is a good team that played down to their opponents, NU was all over the map this year, but had its best game last. I am looking more forward to December 28th more than I am December 25th.