Adam Taylor....our very own

Calvin Jones average more yards per carry than Phillips, still holds the yards per game record (294), most touchdowns in a game (6), season leader in yards per attempt (8.33), Calvin was a team player and never complained about splitting the load with other backs. So ya, I would take Calvin over Lawrence. Marlon may have been a bit of a stretch, but I still think LP was over rated due the line and QBs he had.

I can't find this Adam Taylor kid in any of the college football records books? Surely being mentioned with LP, AP, and all these other Nebraska legends I should be ale to find his name in there somewhere? I google search it and google acts like the guy has never even carried the rock at the college level? sh#t is crazy.

• Fire 2

Calvin Jones average more yards per carry than Phillips, still holds the yards per game record (294), most touchdowns in a game (6), season leader in yards per attempt (8.33), Calvin was a team player and never complained about splitting the load with other backs. So ya, I would take Calvin over Lawrence. Marlon may have been a bit of a stretch, but I still think LP was over rated due the line and QBs he had.

You reallize that Phillips would have shattered the most yards in a game record if he wasn't done playing early in the 3rd quarter of most of his games right? He also never had to complain about sharing the ball because he was so good he didn't have to say anything and there was no one who could stand toe to toe with him. And go read what his teammates have said about him. They say he was an excellent teammate. And in 95 had he not been suspended he would have easily rushed for over 2,000 yards and as someone else said, he would be our 4th Heisman trophy winner, he was that good. Calvin was a stud but Phillips was a Triple Crown winner.

• Fire 1

LP (while being stupid and destroying his life) is single handedly the best running back in Nebraska and possibly college football. That man was amazing, perhaps you didn't watch or just forgot how electric he is. Go back and watch YouTube videos of him. Watch his ability to change directions without hesitation or need to slow down. Watch how he could and would destroy defenders and then burn them in a footrcw. Yes he has messed up a bunch and is not what I would call a good person per say, but as a football player. Oh My Lanta

I'm not one to bash people, but, MARLON LUCKY???????

Yeah, LP was the best Husker RB ever. Or at least I think so. Too bad he didn't have a brain to go with all his God given talent. But the guy really was amazing with a ball in his hands.

As far as Adam Taylor goes, he might turn out to be a great one. Or might not. Sure he looks all buffed with those big ole guns he's sportin'. But biceps don't do much for a RB. I think I'll hold off judgement until I see him on the field.

LP (while being stupid and destroying his life) is single handedly the best running back in Nebraska and possibly college football. That man was amazing, perhaps you didn't watch or just forgot how electric he is. Go back and watch YouTube videos of him. Watch his ability to change directions without hesitation or need to slow down. Watch how he could and would destroy defenders and then burn them in a footrcw. Yes he has messed up a bunch and is not what I would call a good person per say, but as a football player. Oh My Lanta

I'm not one to bash people, but, MARLON LUCKY???????

Lucky had 2,400 yards rushing, and 1,400 yards receiving in his Husker Career.... So what's your point?

I know he hasn't taken a snap in college however this time last year neither had this guy. Anyone else drawing comparisons between adam taylor and TJ Yeldon at Bama. I watch them both run, they both have the same running style. Punishing but with the flash of speed you don't suspect. Definitely think he could be the future of the back field to spell Newby. Thoughts?

Not sure what you mean by "spell Newby". I'd guess we'll see him in the first quarter against Wyoming and he'll start when AA is gone with Newby and Cross spelling him.

To spell someone is to relieve them. The things you learn at midnight in the middle of an ocean. It a dictionary definition for spell that is uncommon to be used but is definitely there for it.

I know he hasn't taken a snap in college however this time last year neither had this guy. Anyone else drawing comparisons between adam taylor and TJ Yeldon at Bama. I watch them both run, they both have the same running style. Punishing but with the flash of speed you don't suspect. Definitely think he could be the future of the back field to spell Newby. Thoughts?

Not sure what you mean by "spell Newby". I'd guess we'll see him in the first quarter against Wyoming and he'll start when AA is gone with Newby and Cross spelling him.

To spell someone is to relieve them. The things you learn at midnight in the middle of an ocean. It a dictionary definition for spell that is uncommon to be used but is definitely there for it.

Yes. I know what spell means. As I stated in the rest of my post I think Newby will be spelling Taylor, not the other way around.

Yes. I know what spell means. As I stated in the rest of my post I think Newby will be spelling Taylor, not the other way around.

Either way, I respect both of them for being willing to come in and compete against each other for four years. Let's hope one of them doesn't puss out like Green, and Heard....