Adam Taylor....our very own

I know he hasn't taken a snap in college however this time last year neither had this guy. Anyone else drawing comparisons between adam taylor and TJ Yeldon at Bama. I watch them both run, they both have the same running style. Punishing but with the flash of speed you don't suspect. Definitely think he could be the future of the back field to spell Newby. Thoughts?

Not sure what you mean by "spell Newby". I'd guess we'll see him in the first quarter against Wyoming and he'll start when AA is gone with Newby and Cross spelling him.

To spell someone is to relieve them. The things you learn at midnight in the middle of an ocean. It a dictionary definition for spell that is uncommon to be used but is definitely there for it.

Yes. I know what spell means. As I stated in the rest of my post I think Newby will be spelling Taylor, not the other way around.

My apologies. I only read the first sentence of your post and got ahead of myself. The memories of learning the definition the first time was complexing for me.

I know he hasn't taken a snap in college however this time last year neither had this guy. Anyone else drawing comparisons between adam taylor and TJ Yeldon at Bama. I watch them both run, they both have the same running style. Punishing but with the flash of speed you don't suspect. Definitely think he could be the future of the back field to spell Newby. Thoughts?

Not sure what you mean by "spell Newby". I'd guess we'll see him in the first quarter against Wyoming and he'll start when AA is gone with Newby and Cross spelling him.

To spell someone is to relieve them. The things you learn at midnight in the middle of an ocean. It a dictionary definition for spell that is uncommon to be used but is definitely there for it.

Yes. I know what spell means. As I stated in the rest of my post I think Newby will be spelling Taylor, not the other way around.

Either way, I respect both of them for being willing to come in and compete against each other for four years. Let's hope one of them doesn't puss out like Green, and Heard....

How the f#*k you put Heard on the list of guys pussing out is beyond me.... You clearly aren't educated on how hard he worked to even get to Nebraska, let alone the f#*k job he got from the coaches when he finally got here.

Secondly, what is this mindset where now we respect the hell out of players for coming to Nebraska to compete with each other? These are high school football players, if you are a baller in high school, then you tend to want to take it to the next level and compete in college. So I guess you respect the hell out of every college football player ever? They all go into college to compete against other elite athletes. Especially at higher profile programs like Nebraska. How about we respect the game, and respect a great university like Nebraska that gives players the opportunity to get an education while playing the game they love. After all it is us who offered them the opportunity, not them who offered us the opportunity.

My apologies. I only read the first sentence of your post and got ahead of myself. The memories of learning the definition the first time was complexing for me.

No worries.

True to the red.....

Most of that didn't make any sense. I have respect for Newby and Taylor because they were both ELITE backs coming in during the SAME recruiting class to compete against each other. You don't see that very much, and you're crazy if you don't think that some high school athletes make their decisions on whether or not other elite guys playing their position have already committed to the team... Heard would have seen a much larger role this year if he would of stuck around. So you're saying the Nebraska coaching staff had it out for Heard? I'm sure they had their reasons for it.....Heard is puss, sorry.....

---- You've got a weird thing for Heard.... Did he say something sweet to you once?

Or, in Heard's case, you leave because you are being screwed over. He has sooo mug potential and he wanted to play rb (like he was recruited for), but didn't they ask him to move to defense or play wr? I'd leave to

Yes, the Nebraska coaching staff was purposely sitting a guy because they had something against him. :sarcasm They were willing to "screw" him over even though it might hurt the team. :sarcasm They just hated him that much :sarcasm

True to the red.....

Most of that didn't make any sense. I have respect for Newby and Taylor because they were both ELITE backs coming in during the SAME recruiting class to compete against each other. You don't see that very much, and you're crazy if you don't think that some high school athletes make their decisions on whether or not other elite guys playing their position have already committed to the team... Heard would have seen a much larger role this year if he would of stuck around. So you're saying the Nebraska coaching staff had it out for Heard? I'm sure they had their reasons for it.....Heard is puss, sorry.....

---- You've got a weird thing for Heard.... Did he say something sweet to you once?

I hate to tell ya son, but if you are playing Division 1 football at a program the caliber of Nebraska, you are an ELITE PLAYER. So yes, there are plenty of high profile programs that take multiple high profile players in a recruiting class to compete against each other. You clearly respect the hell out of every player that goes to LSU, Oregon, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio St., Nebraska, Georgia, South Carolina, U of So. Cal, etc...etc......Obviously you hand out your respect like your throwing out candy in those parades you attend in San Francisco.

Me on the other hand, my respect is earned, not given. So when you wanna talk about having a hard on for some player, your kind of making yourself look foolish. I clearly thought Heard was the most talented back we had on the team. At least he took a f'ing snap at this program in an actual f'ing game! I think he got 10 yards every time he touched the ball! Which apparently when you average ten yards a carry to this staff that means you need to move to Defensive back.

You on the other hand respect the hell out of two kids who just arrived on campus a few weeks ago and have nothing but a high school highlight reel. Yes the kid's are impressive, but they haven't done anything here yet!

I don't blame Heard at all for wanting to leave.

I don't either, he had better players in front of him and saw what was coming behind him. He took the easy way out. I don't blame him.

It's hard to tell where you stand on the roster when you're continually being asked to change positions. No need to act as if he's a bad guy or unwilling to work because he did what was best for him. He worked his ass off just to get here, and worked his ass off while he was here. In the end, it just wasn't the place for him.

True to the red.....

I hate to tell ya son, but if you are playing Division 1 football at a program the caliber of Nebraska, you are an ELITE PLAYER. So yes, there are plenty of high profile programs that take multiple high profile players in a recruiting class to compete against each other. You clearly respect the hell out of every player that goes to LSU, Oregon, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio St., Nebraska, Georgia, South Carolina, U of So. Cal, etc...etc......Obviously you hand out your respect like your throwing out candy in those parades you attend in San Francisco.

Me on the other hand, my respect is earned, not given. So when you wanna talk about having a hard on for some player, your kind of making yourself look foolish. I clearly thought Heard was the most talented back we had on the team. At least he took a f'ing snap at this program in an actual f'ing game! I think he got 10 yards every time he touched the ball! Which apparently when you average ten yards a carry to this staff that means you need to move to Defensive back.

You on the other hand respect the hell out of two kids who just arrived on campus a few weeks ago and have nothing but a high school highlight reel. Yes the kid's are impressive, but they haven't done anything here yet!

Newby was the best RB in Cali, and Taylor was the same in Texas. I thought it spoke to their character that they chose the place that they felt suited them best no matter what other incoming competition was joining them.

Was a that a gay joke in there? It says a lot about the intellectual "value" that you bring to this board, or this discussion for that matter.... Very classy....

I don't blame Heard at all for wanting to leave.

I don't either, he had better players in front of him and saw what was coming behind him. He took the easy way out. I don't blame him.

It's hard to tell where you stand on the roster when you're continually being asked to change positions. No need to act as if he's a bad guy or unwilling to work because he did what was best for him. He worked his ass off just to get here, and worked his ass off while he was here. In the end, it just wasn't the place for him.

No No No. He left, so that means he's a terrible human being and we sh#t all over his character.