A train from Omaha to Lincoln.

There was a study completed by a grad student a few years back about getting a train to run, again, from Omaha to Lincoln, especially for game days.

Who would be interested in that? I think it would be pretty cool. Say they had a bar on board where you could down a few drinks on the way to Lincoln...I would pay 30 or 40 dollars for that. I think it would be a cool time down and on the way back.

I don't live in Omaha, so it might be kind of strange for me to drive there just to take the train to Lincoln. But I can see that being a very cool thing. Get off the train at the old market and head on over to the stadium. Awesome.

Yeah, I think it would be awesome too. Everyone in red (Except for the worst fan ever that wears yellow) they could start running the trains at 7am and run them every hour. Get your drink on the train, big red videos playing and tunes blaring, I think it would be a freaking blast.

When we were kids we would go down to the train station on game days, and buy stuff out of the vending machines and watch the people get off the train from Omaha, lol. It was a blast watching some of them try to walk straight. Some of them would be hanging over their friends shoulders, being led to the game. Have no clue if they made it through the whole game. GBR!!!

If you think about it this could be a pretty sweet recruiting tool too. Fly the recruit into Omaha and have them ride this into Lincoln. And on weekdays it could just be parked and be a restaurant or something of the sort. Many routes you could go with it

When we were kids we would go down to the train station on game days, and buy stuff out of the vending machines and watch the people get off the train from Omaha, lol. It was a blast watching some of them try to walk straight. Some of them would be hanging over their friends shoulders, being led to the game. Have no clue if they made it through the whole game. GBR!!!

Knapp did the same thing - except they were covered wagons and not trains

• Fire 1

The first thought is how do you make this venture profitable? I'd like to read that grad students paper some time.

There was an AMTRAK 'special' that ran from Washington, DC's Union Station to Camden Yards when there wasn't MLB inside the Beltway. I took my family on it to catch a game in Baltimore and it was a fun way to get up to the park. But, AMTRAK had 81 dates to help amortize the costs over a season, not 7 or 8 in a short football season.

I think that the research paper is actually online, you might be able to find it, but I am not sure.

I guess it would depend on how many people you can get on and then how much they spend on the way down and back.

If you got 1000 people to take the train (I have no idea if that is realistic number or not) at 30 dollars a ticket, that is 30,000

Then, if you can get half of those people to spend 10 dollars while riding down, you got 5k

If you can get another 5k on the way back you are looking at 40k for the Saturday. No idea if that is possible or enough or not enough, just tossing out numbers.

I would take it, one time a year for sure, for 30-40 dollars

It couldn't run every hour. No way.

It would have to be a thing where they had like, 10 cars on a Saturday on 2 different trains.

2 runs there, 2 runs back. As people are riding the train they can look out there window at the freakin parking lot in the interstate back to Omaha.

Then on the weekdays they could run just one or 2 cars for commuters on one train; back and forth.

I love taking the light rail to downtown in Denver from the tech center where I live.

No traffic, no parking headaches, no drinking and driving, and the atmosphere for a game is pretty good.

Plus it'd be nice for those who commute during the week

Do a lot of people do this?

We have this very same thing from OKC to Dallas. The cost is only $28 one way. I think they have 2 trips back and forth daily and only have 4 double decker cars that sells beer. This is also a 3 hour tour but well worth it.