****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

Benning and Sharp were saying today that Gerry is "thick". We have all seen the pictures, but he is a well-built guy. For him to make the move to LB is not that big of a reach.

Especially since Lavonte David was 6'1" 225lbs when he was a senior and Gerry is 6'2" 220lbs as a freshman.

I think he'll be fine.

What make Lavonte so great were his instincts and his ability to not let blockers "get on him". Gerry has the speed we all want on the field, but size and speed won't automatically make him a great OLB.

You have to understand though when the kids come in for their official visits and camps (one or the other maybe both cant remember) they are put through a series of tests to see if they are hiding any injuries, bat fat, and how much weight their frame can carry. My buddy use to work in the Athletic Trainers office at UNL. He said when they brought Murtha through and they looked at his knees he knew that he would have problems.

The same applies for Gerry. Maybe I am wrong, but the word was that he doesn't have the frame to support 230+.

He's 18 and with some people, growth and increasing bone density continues into their twenties. I think he's fine.

Plus, if that guy did give you medical data on a player, he just committed a HIPPA violation. As someone in the healthcare field, I'm required to report the negligence and will do so immediately if true.

Get bent Devnet...He just told EZ that he probably couldn't hold 230+, nothing more. That isn't breaking HIPAA.

Benning and Sharp were saying today that Gerry is "thick". We have all seen the pictures, but he is a well-built guy. For him to make the move to LB is not that big of a reach.

Especially since Lavonte David was 6'1" 225lbs when he was a senior and Gerry is 6'2" 220lbs as a freshman.

I think he'll be fine.

What make Lavonte so great were his instincts and his ability to not let blockers "get on him". Gerry has the speed we all want on the field, but size and speed won't automatically make him a great OLB.

You have to understand though when the kids come in for their official visits and camps (one or the other maybe both cant remember) they are put through a series of tests to see if they are hiding any injuries, bat fat, and how much weight their frame can carry. My buddy use to work in the Athletic Trainers office at UNL. He said when they brought Murtha through and they looked at his knees he knew that he would have problems.

The same applies for Gerry. Maybe I am wrong, but the word was that he doesn't have the frame to support 230+.

He's 18 and with some people, growth and increasing bone density continues into their twenties. I think he's fine.

Plus, if that guy did give you medical data on a player, he just committed a HIPPA violation. As someone in the healthcare field, I'm required to report the negligence and will do so immediately if true.

you-serious-clark-o.gif

Anybody see Gerry following a similar path as Urlacher?

I'd give you John Lynch not Urlacher. Gerry I don't think has the frame to add the weight required to play MLB.

does he need to be in the 250 range to play mlb in the NFL? My comparison question has more to do with the switch from college safety to NFL linebacker.

I could be wrong but I'd imagine a lot of them are in that 240-250 range.

Gerry could easily bulk up to 235-245 to play a 4-3 linebacker at the next level. The guy is like 4% body fat, which is lower than most linebackers. He would still be plenty fast as well. As far as whether or not his joints/tendons/ligaments could handle that weight, I have no idea. EZ-E, do you know exactly what your buddy would look for to make those assessments? I think it's pretty interesting.