****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

Matt Davison ‏@Matt_Davison 9m

@Sean_Callahan I like that they have different skill sets. Newby small and quick, Taylor more powerful. Future bright at that spot.

If past practice is any indication, they will both burn their RS this season and see meaningless minutes while Ameer is run into the ground. On the bright side, it will make it much easier for them to transfer in a year or two. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

Matt Davison ‏@Matt_Davison 19m

A.J. Natter is "all business" according to some. Could provide depth at Rush End. He and Gregory make that group much better...now.

Uh-huh. I honestly can't remember the last time we had a "rush end." I fully expect these guys to be forced to put on 30+ lbs and be part of the dancing bear show up front. Until that changes, I'll remain skeptical.

Do you pay any attention to what was said in the offseason?

The defense is going to have different looks because we will have more versatile guys. Randy Gregory "accidentally" said it was part of his recruiting speech he received also, because he wouldn't fit into our current scheme all that well at his current size. Said they will drop him back and use him in stand up, etc. Bo has echoed this RECENTLY by saying we can do a lot more because we have people that are more hybrids. A lot of articles lately have mentioned it actually.

And, we won't touch the RB situation. I fully expect them to get carries - if they warrant it.

It was also very well publicized that Aaron Green didn't redshirt because he refused to. Coaches wanted him to. He said no.

@Sean_Callahan I like that they have different skill sets. Newby small and quick, Taylor more powerful. Future bright at that spot.

If past practice is any indication, they will both burn their RS this season and see meaningless minutes while Ameer is run into the ground. On the bright side, it will make it much easier for them to transfer in a year or two. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

Matt Davison ‏@Matt_Davison 19m

A.J. Natter is "all business" according to some. Could provide depth at Rush End. He and Gregory make that group much better...now.

Uh-huh. I honestly can't remember the last time we had a "rush end." I fully expect these guys to be forced to put on 30+ lbs and be part of the dancing bear show up front. Until that changes, I'll remain skeptical.

Do you pay any attention to what was said in the offseason?

The defense is going to have different looks because we will have more versatile guys. Randy Gregory "accidentally" said it was part of his recruiting speech he received also, because he wouldn't fit into our current scheme all that well at his current size. Said they will drop him back and use him in stand up, etc. Bo has echoed this RECENTLY by saying we can do a lot more because we have people that are more hybrids. A lot of articles lately have mentioned it actually.

And, we won't touch the RB situation. I fully expect them to get carries - if they warrant it.

It was also very well publicized that Aaron Green didn't redshirt because he refused to. Coaches wanted him to. He said no.

I probably pay attention more than most, so I'll put it to you this way. We have been hearing the same song and dance the past few years, yet the product on the field has been status quo for the most part. We don't have Suh, Gomes, Hagg, and Prince anymore. When the staff actually starts tweaking their system to fit personnel, I might buy what they are selling. But they have to prove it to me.

Look, I actually like Bo, a lot. But I've never been a fan of his defensive scheme and I don't think that he is above reproach when it comes to his program, especially the handling of his roster. When he actually starts putting square pegs into square holes, I'll start buying in more. Until then, he'll have to prove it.

• Fire 2

Looking at those pictures I see our defense may have even gotten worse at tackling.... -_-

I totally agree. I also noticed that Taylor's throwing motion has completely regressed.

NACMZMEJLICVZVK.20130806011126.JPG

See?

Not only that but he isn't even looking at his receivers who are behind him and two of them don't even have their helmets on. I love Bo and all but it's almost like this team has given up

• Fire 2

Looking at those pictures I see our defense may have even gotten worse at tackling.... -_-

I totally agree. I also noticed that Taylor's throwing motion has completely regressed.

See?

Not only that but he isn't even looking at his receivers who are behind him and two of them don't even have their helmets on. I love Bo and all but it's almost like this team has given up

And do ya see the "C" on his jersey, I've been told it stands for "Can't." What type of team is Bo running here? Is this how he motivates his players?! Neb will be lucky to score 21 points a game this year! We are doomed based on looking at these telling photos!!!
  • Fire 1

I think Davison is the perfect blend of Sunshine and Glimpse.

He's a homer, but a straight shooter. And gives a good look into names/pos groups/methods but still being knowledgeable.

A link to the past greatness, without holding it over every current players head that they will never be/are not as great as "they" were (Peters).

husker power

Glimpse?

Yeah. He's kind of a sunshine pumper. Even during broadcasts. But he's around the program and enough of an insider to give us a "glimpse" at what's going on, as in--i wasn't at practice yesterday--were you?

He still asks some tough questions and calls it like it is even through he's a homer. I'm glad I can read his stuff.

• Fire 1

See?

Lol....I love some good humor in the morning. Glad to see not everyone has their knickers in a knot in pre-season.

See?

And do ya see the "C" on his jersey, I've been told it stands for "Can't." What type of team is Bo running here? Is this how he motivates his players?! Neb will be lucky to score 21 points a game this year! We are doomed based on looking at these telling photos!!!

I thought it stood for "Chaddyboxer" :dunno

Past practice? Did we run Marlon Lucky into the ground? Rex didn't redshirt his freshman year were all of his carries meaningless (especially when he carried us against Colorado?) Did we run Roy into the ground when Rex almost had 1,000 yards also? Was Aaron Green forced to burn his redshirt or did he demand to play? When Rex was healthy last season did we run him ragged and forget about Ameer?

You're not skeptical; you're a cynic. You also apparently have really poor memory retention; Eric Martin only played last season man.

• Fire 4

I guess you'll have to bring me up to speed on what past experience you're referring to...