Defend this

Westerkamp Qvale Cotton Pensick Long Sirles Enunwa

Bell Moore

Turner

Martinez

The new Diamond Formation

I've never seen anything like it. Moore and Bell under center with Westerkamp as the center lined up all the way on the left side of the field? The defense won't know what hit 'em.

EDIT: Why the eff wont my video embed?

It will.

How would you like to be a DC and see this 5 wide set combination

Martinez at QB

Bell

A. Moore

Turner

Western amp

And either

Abdullah or

Enunwa or

T. Allen or

Wuellenwaber or

Evans

How do you defend this? Can't wait for the season to start.

Westerkamp and Alonzo Moore in your wideout group and Quincy Enunwa listed as an "And either?"

For reals?

Now I know why Bo doesn't let the media in to practices.

We are going to be a nightmare to defend. Not saying our O is unbeatable, but the opposing defensive linemen had better beat the guy in front of them, and FAST, because Taylor has plenty of options. And, making matters worse, Beck is a master at calling misdirection and plays with deception, rush in too fast and you might find yourself tackling a guy who doesn't have the ball.

There is no question we have a very talented and explosive offense but the defense will decide how far we will go this year! I think its paramount that this offense gives the defense fits early on in camp! Multiple looks, a great O-Line, speed on the edge, upper classmen led...if our young defense and mesh together and become a cohesive unit scrimmaging against our offense they should be in decent shape to compete agaisnt other offenses as the season starts!

Bell Moore

Turner

Martinez

I've never seen anything like it. Moore and Bell under center with Westerkamp as the center lined up all the way on the left side of the field? The defense won't know what hit 'em.

Damn you, I just posted this same video in another thread before even seeing this. I guess great minds think alike!

In the last two years, the most successful Nebraska has been with an empty formation has been less than 15 yds. If I recall it was mostly because Turner made something out of nothing.

Those plays are mainly designed to empty the box, but they have to be at least somewhat successful.

I find this very hard to believe.

Bell Moore

Turner

Martinez

Damn you, I just posted this same video in another thread before even seeing this. I guess great minds think alike!

Except Maudfather doesn't know how to embed videos :P

.................Westerkamp..........................................Qvale Cotton Pensick Long Sirles..................................................Enunwa

Bell..................................Moore

......................Turner

................................................................................................Martinez

Is this the Oop Dee Oop formation Mox? :ahhhhhhhh

Looks like a bubble screen. <shudder>

I just threw up in my mouth a little thinking of OU 2008. I think they had 33 hung on us before my microwave pop corn was done.

The offense has a lot of talent at the skill positions. For some reason or another, it seems to me that our offense has trouble keeping up when we allow a lot of points. I don't know why that is. In other words, we need to win the shootouts with our offense. In the Georgia game we seemed to be neck and neck against their offensive production for most of the game. A lot of good teams give up points, but their own offense outduels their opponent for the win. Maybe I'm alone in this thinking, because it can't just be on the defense. Not these days. Sort of seems like if the defense collapses, the offense struggles to match points. I just hope if we give up 35 or 45 or (gulp) even 55, the offense should be just as capable and talented enough to still win by 3. And I would be fine with that. So when I look at our skill players in this thread, and their experience, it makes me see how capable and able we are to outduel a team in a high scoring game if should come to that. Just hasn't been the case so far. Correct me if I'm wrong, and it's cool. But I think there should be a little more pressure on this offense to put it on their shoulders and score a ton this year, instead of examining a young and inexperienced defense as rule of our success/failures.