wtg go rex burkhead

Another solid game by Rex. Had a 22 yard run and a 5.2 ypc. Also a couple tackles on punt coverage.

He looked pretty good. Wasn't much blocking for him except on that 22 yarder. Boom Herron had 81 yds and a td on a nice multiple cutback run. They gave him the bulk of the pt down the stretch. Really wish they'd give Rex 10+ carriers to better showcase what he can do.

How do the Bengals look? Plz say they don't suck.

Another solid game by Rex. Had a 22 yard run and a 5.2 ypc. Also a couple tackles on punt coverage.

He looked pretty good. Wasn't much blocking for him except on that 22 yarder. Boom Herron had 81 yds and a td on a nice multiple cutback run. They gave him the bulk of the pt down the stretch. Really wish they'd give Rex 10+ carriers to better showcase what he can do.

They should definitely be in the playoff hunt. Depends on their QB play.

I like the sound of that. Who's there QB gonna be? Also, not sure I like the of Rex of kick/punt coverage.

I like the sound of that. Who's there QB gonna be? Also, not sure I like the of Rex of kick/punt coverage.

Andy Dalton. Solid but not spectatular last year. If he keeps getting better, they should be good.

I don't mind Rex on special teams for now because it will help him hold a spot and get more chances at RB.

I wish the Lions would have drafted Rex. I thing Reggie Bush is going to be a bust.

Are you serious? Reggie bush has been tearing it up in training camp and did decent in the first preseason game. Also, he will help out with the Lion's passing attack and will have a lot of open space to work with. Burkhead isn't that fast and wouldn't be that great of a pass catching rb.

Very serious. Bush has done nothing in the preseason carrying the ball (11 rushing attempts for 20 yards). His career is nothing special: 6 years in the league, one season with over 1000 yards rushing, never more than 6 TDs rushing in a single season. I just don't think he has the mental toughness or desire to be a premier NFL back. I think Rex has the mental toughness and desire to be an above average NFL back. Rex doesn't have the top end speed, but his quickness in the first 10 yards is fantastic.

@ Mavric. Yea, I like Dalton, but haven't followed Cinci in, like, ever. Will have to start following them now though, but didnt see Rex mentioned in the recap.

Also, what does this mean rgdg replying/quoting:

The number of opening quote tags does not match the number of closing quote tags.
?

You can only have five quote blocks in one post. So if the conversation gets too long, you have to delete some of the earlier ones.

I wish the Lions would have drafted Rex. I thing Reggie Bush is going to be a bust.

Are you serious? Reggie bush has been tearing it up in training camp and did decent in the first preseason game. Also, he will help out with the Lion's passing attack and will have a lot of open space to work with. Burkhead isn't that fast and wouldn't be that great of a pass catching rb.

Very serious. Bush has done nothing in the preseason carrying the ball (11 rushing attempts for 20 yards). His career is nothing special: 6 years in the league, one season with over 1000 yards rushing, never more than 6 TDs rushing in a single season. I just don't think he has the mental toughness or desire to be a premier NFL back. I think Rex has the mental toughness and desire to be an above average NFL back. Rex doesn't have the top end speed, but his quickness in the first 10 yards is fantastic.

He's done better recently and is in the ideal situation for his game now. Well see ...

@ Mavric. Yea, I like Dalton, but haven't followed Cinci in, like, ever. Will have to start following them now though, but didnt see Rex mentioned in the recap.

Also, what does this mean rgdg replying/quoting:

The number of opening quote tags does not match the number of closing quote tags.
?

You can only have five quote blocks in one post. So if the conversation gets too long, you have to delete some of the earlier ones.

Ok, thanks.

6 carries for 31 yds rushing, inlcuding 1 run for 22 yards. He caught one pass for 7 yds and recovered a fumble from Johnson. He only played 2 series, one in the 3rd where he got 2 carries for 5yds, 3 and out on that series. Then he got another series in the 4th where he had the 22 yd and recovered the fumble.

I thought he I read where he had a chance to be their starting RB this year?

...Rex Burkhead, battling Herron for the fourth and final spot on the running back roster (assuming they keep four), added 31 yards on six carries and a 5.2 yard/rush average.

LINK

That wasnt gonna happen, may have read it on Husker message boards ..Have to think that he has the talent to stick