wtg go rex burkhead

Any one see Reggie Bush tear it up again last night.. 6 carries for 1 yard. Dude is killin it right now.. Where is the guy who posted Bush was tearing it up now??

Lol have you followed other starting RBs during pre-season?

And Reggie Bush has been the leading receiver for 2/3 games for them. I'd say thats better than most.

Not sure if anyone on the Bengals offense showed up tonight. Only 235 yards of offense.

Rex only got two carries for eight yards. But only Green-Ellis and Bernard (their #1 and #2 backs) got more than two carries. Rex also caught two passes for 14 yards. No one on the team caught more than three passes.

At the least they will have him on special teams.

There's only 53 roster spots. Every one of those guys plays a position on O or D including special teams guys. Rex won't be kept for special teams alone because they just don't do that anymore. Not enough roster spots.

plenty of teams have guys just for special teams... im a packer fan so my example is from them alone... jarrett bush... He is a stud gunner, but only plays CB if they are all hurt.

At the least they will have him on special teams.

There's only 53 roster spots. Every one of those guys plays a position on O or D including special teams guys. Rex won't be kept for special teams alone because they just don't do that anymore. Not enough roster spots.

plenty of teams have guys just for special teams... im a packer fan so my example is from them alone... jarrett bush... He is a stud gunner, but only plays CB if they are all hurt.

Some teams may have 1 or 2 special teams only guys, but that won't go to a rookie with limited special teams experience.

Saw a segment on the NFL network ref the Carolina Panthers. Good break down about how they used their 53 man roster as it related to guys per position. Came down the DB's, RB's and WR's if not the #1 or #2 would really have to excel in all four parts of ST's if they expected to make the roster. I think that is the only way that Rex makes it. Initially as a ST player. Stupid in my opinion, would love Dallas or Carolina to pick him up, but he might be relegated to ST play. Complete and utter waste of a talent IMO.

Someone will pick him up if he does get cut. Steelers just lost Bell maybe for the year. Bengals have to many good guys, he needs to go somewhere were hes needed and used, and he will flourish.

Steelers traded for Felix Jones.

This is great news . . . for any team that plays the Steelers.

Not sure if anyone on the Bengals offense showed up tonight. Only 235 yards of offense.

Rex only got two carries for eight yards. But only Green-Ellis and Bernard (their #1 and #2 backs) got more than two carries. Rex also caught two passes for 14 yards. No one on the team caught more than three passes.

Just watched the NFL Network broadcasting of the game. The local Dallas announcers loved them some Rex Burkhead, and Daryl Johnston mentioned his son has a signed Burkhead jersey.

Other than that, not much to note.

Just watched the NFL Network broadcasting of the game. The local Dallas announcers loved them some Rex Burkhead, and Daryl Johnston mentioned his son has a signed Burkhead jersey.

Other than that, not much to note.

I think if he makes it, it will be as the #3 RB and for all phases of ST. Would love to see him cut and my Cowboys scoop him up!

I wish the Lions would have drafted Rex. I thing Reggie Bush is going to be a bust.

Are you serious? Reggie bush has been tearing it up in training camp and did decent in the first preseason game. Also, he will help out with the Lion's passing attack and will have a lot of open space to work with. Burkhead isn't that fast and wouldn't be that great of a pass catching rb.

Very serious. Bush has done nothing in the preseason carrying the ball (11 rushing attempts for 20 yards). His career is nothing special: 6 years in the league, one season with over 1000 yards rushing, never more than 6 TDs rushing in a single season. I just don't think he has the mental toughness or desire to be a premier NFL back. I think Rex has the mental toughness and desire to be an above average NFL back. Rex doesn't have the top end speed, but his quickness in the first 10 yards is fantastic.

I wonder if Bush made more money in college than in the NFL.

I wish the Lions would have drafted Rex. I thing Reggie Bush is going to be a bust.

Are you serious? Reggie bush has been tearing it up in training camp and did decent in the first preseason game. Also, he will help out with the Lion's passing attack and will have a lot of open space to work with. Burkhead isn't that fast and wouldn't be that great of a pass catching rb.

Very serious. Bush has done nothing in the preseason carrying the ball (11 rushing attempts for 20 yards). His career is nothing special: 6 years in the league, one season with over 1000 yards rushing, never more than 6 TDs rushing in a single season. I just don't think he has the mental toughness or desire to be a premier NFL back. I think Rex has the mental toughness and desire to be an above average NFL back. Rex doesn't have the top end speed, but his quickness in the first 10 yards is fantastic.

I wonder if Bush made more money in college than in the NFL.

Regardless. At least he gave his Hiesman back...

38blf.jpg