If I'm the Head Coach at Nebraska, there's no way _________ doesn't see the field this year.

Didn't quite know how to title this, but interesting topic nonetheless in my opinion. It kind of balls the whole pre season hype/ talent scouting/ coaches judgment questions all into one. Meaning, if so and so didn't see the field, you would really wonder why the hell not based on what you've seen of this player? Or someone you haven't seen but based on lack of depth or what you've heard about them you believe they should be playing immediately.

My player is Zaire Anderson. Not sure how many of you actually got to witness the Oklahoma drill Nebraska ran during a break in the spring game but first of all, it was an awesome addition. Secondly, Zaire straight man handled the blocker like he was nothing, then slammed the back. It was almost like it wasn't even fair to only have two guys against him. I think he might have been able to kick the whole team's ass and still got to the back.

Anyways, if ZA isn't an immediate starter and effective from day one then.........wat dafuq? If your the coach, who do you make sure is part of the starting line up day one. Offense or defense or both.

Edit: I kind of meant someone we haven't seen a whole lot of.........

Adam Taylor and RG44 would be obvious the obvious choices. With all the hype surrounding those two, it will be disappointing if they're not big time contributors this season.

But my pick would be Maliek Collins. We need the depth at DT sooner rather than later. Bo said he showed up a grown man, which is a somewhat vague statement, but I'll take it to mean he's physically ready to go. Get him ready for game day.

Offense, Adam Taylor. This kid, like I have stated many times, is a special player. This kid is going to do great things for Nebraska.

Defense, I am in a tie between Randy Gregory and Zaire Anderson. I have been on the Anderson ride for quite some time, and he may be the next best LB in Pelini's tenure here, next to L. David. Gregory, that kid is just a different specimen. Just these two players alone, brings a whole new dimension to our defense.

I am just surprised the hype for Taylor and Gregory took this long!

I am more excited this year, than I have been in other years. Something tells me we will be better than expected.

Jonathon Rose

This is one that baffles me a little bit. Not that you chose him, but just the fact that I've heard multiple times that the kid is an absolute stud, but the coaches haven't made any special remarks about him. Do you think they are just keeping him under wraps until he gets unleashed on Wyoming?