Reestablishing our Edge

EZ-E

It's unfortunate that excuses have become commonplace within our fanbase. Yet we can't ignore the struggles completely. Bringing a program back from the brink of destruction with a new head man who has never been an official head coach before thrust into a role where after things start clicking, a culture shock of conference swapping occurs. Sure every program endures coordinator changes but that has been a story for the past few years for us. The excuses may have run dry but that doesn't mean they go away. Patience is a virtue when trying to bring a place like Nebraska back to prominence. But in the end, year 6 for Bo should produce some appropriate and acceptable results. The schedule sets up well and the way they speak optimistically of their young but gifted Defense gives reason for hope, that doesn't mean we should expect '09 results. Every program experiences growing pains but rightly so we have dealt with two back to back. This is the season to prove it on the field and we have the team to do it. Regardless, should we win only 10-11 games, I'm not calling for Bo's head on a platter. Not everybody can have Nick Saban and Urban Meyer on the sidelines. Me? Id rather have the relatively sparkly clean program coach Pelini runs than the unstable ones they run.

• Fire 1

Not sure some fall camp "buzz" is evidence that this staff has created some competitive edge. Every school in the country has positive buzz this time of year. We all hope, but it's show me time for this staff.

I don't think so, he will get atleast 2 more years after this year to build the program, as long as the bottom doesn't fall out a la 07...which it wont

I'm no longer concerned about the bottom falling out. If it was gonna happen, it woulda happened when Ohio St led 27-6 in the 3rd quarter in Lincoln. I honestly believed that was the end of Bo Pelini. I remember texting my brother saying "we're seeing an '07 type meltdown here. Not good at all".

How many times over the last two seasons have the doomsdayers and naysayers come out either before a game was over or before a season was over with cries of, "BO HAS LOST THIS TEAM"? I don't know how anyone can disagree that the fire, dedication and want-to is there - remember that Callahan stat about how he essentially won every game in which he led at halftime and lost every game that we trailed at halftime?

Bo's teams have shown the ability to handle extreme adversity while being in the thick of it. All that's missing is a little consistency and for that one play in a big game to be a gain of 3 instead of turning into a gain of 50.

• Fire 2

I'm no longer concerned about the bottom falling out. If it was gonna happen, it woulda happened when Ohio St led 27-6 in the 3rd quarter in Lincoln. I honestly believed that was the end of Bo Pelini. I remember texting my brother saying "we're seeing an '07 type meltdown here. Not good at all".

How many times over the last two seasons have the doomsdayers and naysayers come out either before a game was over or before a season was over with cries of, "BO HAS LOST THIS TEAM"? I don't know how anyone can disagree that the fire, dedication and want-to is there - remember that Callahan stat about how he essentially won every game in which he led at halftime and lost every game that we trailed at halftime?

Bo's teams have shown the ability to handle extreme adversity while being in the thick of it. All that's missing is a little consistency and for that one play in a big game to be a gain of 3 instead of turning into a gain of 50.

This times ... I don't even know how many.

Remember how in past years every time the team had a meltdown it was because our coach was too hot-headed and the team was reflecting that. Why are there no corresponding comments after all the great comebacks of last year? Is that only a one-way street? Oh right, I forgot. Players credit when we win, coaches fault when we lose.

I was had the exact same reaction at the time, and texted my own brother and friends almost the exact same message!

Speaking of that 2009 defense, here they are in a nutshell (not literally).

Good god I miss that defense.

We go so screwed in that game. McCoy's TD should have been reviewed too.

I know you can't do this (literally anyways), but if you could field a defense similar to that with our current offense we're playing for National Titles....