Jesse's logic is something that's been annoying me for a long time. Let's ignore the fact that Walt let his woman die, since Jesse isn't aware of it.

1. Walt saves Jesse from getting killed by running the two drug dealers over with his car.

2. Because of this, Gus decides he doesn't want Walt around anymore.

3. Jesse ends up rising up as the guy Gus wants and Walt has a death sentence hanging over him.

4. Walt poisons Brock in order to get Jesse back on his side.

Okay, that was really crappy of Walt, but he shouldn't have needed to do it in the first place. Jesse already f*ing knew about Tomas being murdered. Jesse should have stood by Walt. The only reason Gus was pissed at Walt was because he stuck his neck out for Jesse over the murder of Tomas. (Of course then Walt had to defend himself in ways that pissed Gus off more, but who can blame him for that? It all started with him saving Jesse from the two drug dealers).

Walt is still an ahole but Jesse doesn't know the details of his ahole-ishness and he hates him over something that he forced him to need to do, in order to save his own life.

Also, it always bothered me when Jesse screamed at Walt for ruining his life and saying he now has nothing and no one left. Well, he lost his woman but he didn't have her when he met Walt, so that's a bunch of B.S. And what else had he lost at that point? Nothing that I can think of. (Walt hadn't gone on a murdering rampage yet).

Spoilers

Jesse lost it after they shot the little boy during the train robbery, I think for most people in a real life setting it would change how you perceive what your doing and who your doing it with.

Granted though it was not Walts order, but Jessy despises he's casual/cool attitude towards these deaths.

Jesse's logic is something that's been annoying me for a long time. Let's ignore the fact that Walt let his woman die, since Jesse isn't aware of it.

1. Walt saves Jesse from getting killed by running the two drug dealers over with his car.

3. Jesse ends up rising up as the guy Gus wants and Walt has a death sentence hanging over him.

Okay, that was really crappy of Walt, but he shouldn't have needed to do it in the first place. Jesse already f*ing knew about Tomas being murdered. Jesse should have stood by Walt. The only reason Gus was pissed at Walt was because he stuck his neck out for Jesse over the murder of Tomas. (Of course then Walt had to defend himself in ways that pissed Gus off more, but who can blame him for that? It all started with him saving Jesse from the two drug dealers).

Walt is still an ahole but Jesse doesn't know the details of his ahole-ishness and he hates him over something that he forced him to need to do, in order to save his own life.

Also, it always bothered me when Jesse screamed at Walt for ruining his life and saying he now has nothing and no one left. Well, he lost his woman but he didn't have her when he met Walt, so that's a bunch of B.S. And what else had he lost at that point? Nothing that I can think of. (Walt hadn't gone on a murdering rampage yet).

Spoilers

Jesse lost it after they shot the little boy during the train robbery, I think for most people in a real life setting it would change how you perceive what your doing and who your doing it with.

Granted though it was not Walts order, but Jessy despises he's casual/cool attitude towards these deaths.

I know that, and it doesn't relate at all to my post. Jesse was illogical about the things I mentioned before the kid was shot.

Jesse isn't a logical person though. He's not the cold, calculating, soulless businessman that Walt is. He's a deeply flawed person with a huge need for a father figure, which is why it was so easy for both Walt and Gus to manipulate him. The reason that Jesse became Gus and Mike's protege for a while was because they actually gave him some self-esteem. They helped him believe that he was something other than the low-life junkie that Walt always made him out to be.

Jesse had probably found the most stability of his entire adult life when he was working for Gus and Mike. He was sober, he was always on time and diligent about his "work," and he practically had a family with Andrea and Brock. After bringing down Gus, Walt manipulated Jesse into leaving that family, taking away the only happiness Jesse had left, and it's no coincidence that Jesse is no longer sober.

Also, since you asked what negative things have happened to Jesse as a result of Walt:

The death of one of Jesse's best friends and street dealer, "Combo,"

The death of Jane, Jesse's girlfriend (like you said, Jesse isn't aware of this)

He's nearly been beaten to death several times

His mentor, Mike Ehermantraut was killed by Walt

He was forced to kill Gale Boetticher

While the murder of Gale actually saved Walt's and Jesse's life, it is symbolic of the psychological damage that Walt has inflicted upon Jesse over the course of series. We see in Badger and Skinny Pete what Jesse would be without Walt in his life - a poor junkie who spends a lot of time debating the merits of Star Trek or Babylon 5, but who still has a clear shot at happiness or a normal life. Walt took all of that away (more than once), and Jesse knows it.

Here's my question about the last episode, heading into next one... Obviously we don't know the answer, but it's fun to speculate.

Walt's next course of action is to kill Jesse. It seems that he's ordered the hit, or that he's about to.

What is Jesse's plan? He implied that there was an even "better" way to get Walt. Any ideas? I would guess that Jesse starts naming names - Lydia is probably the next biggest dog they could bring in to squeal on Walt, and while she is fairly powerful, she's not exactly calm and collected.

The death of Jane, Jesse's girlfriend (like you said, Jesse isn't aware of this)

Jesse is aware that Jane died cause he woke up next to her dead body after she basically forced Jesse to do meth w/ a needle rather than smoking it. Didn't Mike come to Jesse's place to remove her dead body while Jesse was there? I believe Jesse was there

Can anyone remind me what happened to Jesse's previous girlfriend, the one with the kid. I know the kid got sick and ended up in the hospital but I'm sure the kid live but how did Jesse leave or end the relationship. I've watch so much TV series (Walking Dead, SOA, The Ultimate Fighter, Franklin and Bash, etc) its hard to remember what happend in the previous season

Jesse is aware that Jane died cause he woke up next to her dead body after she basically forced Jesse to do meth w/ a needle rather than smoking it. Didn't Mike come to Jesse's place to remove her dead body while Jesse was there? I believe Jesse was there

Can anyone remind me what happened to Jesse's previous girlfriend, the one with the kid. I know the kid got sick and ended up in the hospital but I'm sure the kid live but how did Jesse leave or end the relationship. I've watch so much TV series (Walking Dead, SOA, The Ultimate Fighter, Franklin and Bash, etc) its hard to remember what happend in the previous season

picard-facepalm-o.gif

Of course Jesse is aware that Jane died, and he actually blames himself for it. He is not aware that Walt was the cause of her death.

Jesse left Andrea when Walt convinced him that at some point in the future, he would have to confess to Andrea the things he's done.

Of course Jesse is aware that Jane died, and he actually blames himself for it. He is not aware that Walt was the cause of her death.

Jesse left Andrea when Walt convinced him that at some point in the future, he would have to confess to Andrea the things he's done.

Remind me how Walt was the cause of her death cause I can't remember

Jesse and Jane were passed out on a heroin high, lying on their side so they wouldn't choke on their own spit-up. Walt broke in to the apartment and while trying to wake Jesse, Jane rolls on to her back and begins to choke. Walt then watches her die.

Whether Walt caused it is arguable (drugs caused it), but he let her die. He went to Jesse's house and iirc tried to shake him awake and this caused Jane to roll onto her back and start vomiting and she choked to death. Walt watched it happened and could have saved her but he decided not to.

Jesse had probably found the most stability of his entire adult life when he was working for Gus and Mike. He was sober, he was always on time and diligent about his "work," and he practically had a family with Andrea and Brock. After bringing down Gus, Walt manipulated Jesse into leaving that family, taking away the only happiness Jesse had left, and it's no coincidence that Jesse is no longer sober.

Also, since you asked what negative things have happened to Jesse as a result of Walt:

While the murder of Gale actually saved Walt's and Jesse's life, it is symbolic of the psychological damage that Walt has inflicted upon Jesse over the course of series. We see in Badger and Skinny Pete what Jesse would be without Walt in his life - a poor junkie who spends a lot of time debating the merits of Star Trek or Babylon 5, but who still has a clear shot at happiness or a normal life. Walt took all of that away (more than once), and Jesse knows it.

Nice post, but I didn't ask "what negative things have happened to Jesse as a result of Walt." It's pretty obvious that a load of things have happened. What I said was "And what else had he lost at that point?" And by that point I meant the scene that I first mentioned, when Jesse screams at Walt from his hospital bed after Hank beats him up. Good point on Combo dying but that's about it.

Nice post, but I didn't ask "what negative things have happened to Jesse as a result of Walt." It's pretty obvious that a load of things have happened. What I said was "And what else had he lost at that point?" And by that point I meant the scene that I first mentioned, when Jesse screams at Walt from his hospital bed after Hank beats him up. Good point on Combo dying but that's about it.

Ah, I didn't realize you were going back to when Hank beat him up. Why are you choosing that moment?

I still think that the greatest damage Walt has done to Jesse is not about each individual event or tangible thing that Jesse has "lost." It's about the cumulative psychological weight of everything that has happened over the course of the series. Even then, Jesse doesn't really turn away from Walt's path because he was betrayed - he does it because unlike Walt, he can't deal with the innocent victims constantly caught in their crossfire (Drew Sharp was the tipping point). Now he finally seeks vengeance because he found out that he had been betrayed when Walt poisoned Brock.

Anyways, going back to your original statement that you found Jesse's logic annoying - I guess I think that's missing the point of the character. Jesse isn't a logical person like Walt, who is generally willing to cut his losses in order to survive. Jesse is an emotional person and practically the only character left on the show with a conscience, and even though he sometimes makes flawed "business decisions" because of it, he's a far more decent human being than Walt, Skylar, Hank, Saul, Gus, etc.

Jesse and Jane were passed out on a heroin high, lying on their side so they wouldn't choke on their own spit-up. Walt broke in to the apartment and while trying to wake Jesse, Jane rolls on to her back and begins to choke. Walt then watches her die.

Damn I don't remember that.....looks like I might have to rewatch some episodes :lol: