40 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Did he not escape?  I don't remember the ending.

He escaped, Walt killed off his captors and let him go. IIRC he drove off in the car Walt had mounted the gun in the trunk.....it's been a couple years since I last watched it.

Edit- more I think about it, it was probably another car. Not that it matters....

I legit don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, Breaking Bad was incredible, and I'm excited to see what happened to Jesse. On the other, Breaking Bad is incredible, and I don't want to see it tarnished. On the other hand, Better Call Saul is incredible, and has done nothing to tarnish Breaking Bad, so I'll trust in Vince Gilligan. 

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I legit don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, Breaking Bad was incredible, and I'm excited to see what happened to Jesse. On the other, Breaking Bad is incredible, and I don't want to see it tarnished. On the other hand, Better Call Saul is incredible, and has done nothing to tarnish Breaking Bad, so I'll trust in Vince Gilligan. 

I thought BB got sort of stupid in the last season but I think that happens with a lot of shows once they know they are ending the show.  I could not imagine trying to write the end to a great book/show/movie.  

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

My problem is that I think Saul was one of my least favorite characters in BB.

Ahhh gotcha.  Yes, that will be problematic for you then.  Fwiw the show does a really nice job of fleshing him out and giving his backstory to show he wasn't always a scumbag lawyer.  Still, if you don't care for him, watching a show that largely revolves around him would be a tough sell.

On 2/14/2019 at 3:50 PM, BigRedBuster said:

My problem is that I think Saul was one of my least favorite characters in BB.

Like he said, Mike becomes a main character. I'd say about 40/60 or 45/55 Mike/Saul. And Saul isn't as wacky in Better Call Saul. You actually feel for him. I agree that you should try a couple more episodes. There are also lots of fun cameos as it goes along.

• 4 months later...

Maybe I complained about this already but I'ma do it again.

Skylar drives me nuts when Walt buys the $300 bottle of wine to celebrate the fact they purchased an $800,000 car wash business. She gets mad at him for spending $300 on a bottle of wine because he's a school teacher and it doesn't make sense... right after they purchased an $800,000 car wash business.

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Maybe I complained about this already but I'ma do it again.

Skylar drives me nuts when Walt buys the $300 bottle of wine to celebrate the fact they purchased an $800,000 car wash business. She gets mad at him for spending $300 on a bottle of wine because he's a school teacher and it doesn't make sense... right after they purchased an $800,000 car wash business.

I really tried to sympathize with Skyler given everything that happens with Walt but I just kept coming back to, "Damn...she's the literal worst."

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I really tried to sympathize with Skyler given everything that happens with Walt but I just kept coming back to, "Damn...she's the literal worst."

Ha!  Yeah, she sucked...It was almost painful to watch her scenes but maybe that just means she did a great job acting them out.  I am guessing she was supposed to come off as "unlikeable" as the show went on to make Walt more likeable even though he was a bad guy.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha!  Yeah, she sucked...It was almost painful to watch her scenes but maybe that just means she did a great job acting them out.  I am guessing she was supposed to come off as "unlikeable" as the show went on to make Walt more likeable even though he was a bad guy.

She definitely succeeded!