Do Husker Fans Handle Losing Well?

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Saw a thread like this over on the Rivals free board and thought it would generate higher-quality discussion here.

in your opinion, do we handle losses well? In comparison to other top programs' fans, by your own judging criteria, however you want to answer it?

The poll options are yes, no, it depends, and Mexican.

It depends on each individual fan. For the most part I think that most husker fans are level headed, but there is a very loud and opinionated portion that over reacts to everything and wants Bo fired immediately after each loss. But idk if we are really any worse than any other fan base of a traditional power, and we're definitely better than the fans on shaggybevo!

It depends. In 1998 when the Whorns and Ricky Williams handed us a home loss, most of the Husker fans in Memorial Stadium gave them a standing ovation as they left the field. OTOH, Husker fans tend to be a bit more grumpy about a blowout loss. Especially one that we were supposed to win, like the B1G CCG last year. This board generally goes batsh#t crazy after a loss like that.

It depends. In 1998 when the Whorns and Ricky Williams handed us a home loss, most of the Husker fans in Memorial Stadium gave them a standing ovation as they left the field. OTOH, Husker fans tend to be a bit more grumpy about a blowout loss. Especially one that we were supposed to win, like the B1G CCG last year. This board generally goes batsh#t crazy after a loss like that.

In my opinion, the only time the board doesn't go batsh#t crazy, the only time we handle losses well is when we think we suck so bad that we aren't even a match and we play close.

Georgia 2012 is the perfect example.

In my opinion, the only time the board doesn't go batsh#t crazy, the only time we handle losses well is when we think we suck so bad that we aren't even a match and we play close.

Georgia 2012 is the perfect example.

Yeah, that's true. But prolly because internet goobers (me included) tend to rant and say stuff on a message board that we might not say in real life. I think some posters log on to HB after a loss just to vent and get it out of their system. :lol:

edit: \/ You know what I'm talking about, don't you Rawhide. lol

I think we handle losing okay, but anymore we're hardly ever just losing to good teams. Georgia comes to mind, as does Oklahoma in the B12CCG. More often, we're getting utterly destroyed by equal or better foes in games in which the wheels come flying off, and we're losing games that we should easily win (Northwestern, etc) Those types of losses we don't handle so well.