Do Husker Fans Handle Losing Well?

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do Nebraska fans despise their own fans more than other teams? Seams like this offseason the discussion has centered more on the fans and our opinions than the team. For every thread about the team, there are 3 BS threads like this. This is the first time I've seen it get to this point. No one can deny that the fan base is very divided at this point in Pelini's tenure. Not good any way you look at it. Not good from whichever side you stand on.

They say that when you win, you should act like you've been there before. Do we want to be the fanbase that, when we lose, act like we've been there before? I prefer every lose to be a shock, and respond accordingly.

Personally, I would want to be part of the fanbase that, when we lose, doesn't let our joy and mental health depend on a group of kids attempting to make one arbitrary number being higher than another arbitrary number.

• Fire 1

Oh yeah, we definitely handle losing pretty poorly, as a group. More than other fanbases? I don't know. I tend to think we're not significantly different from others in most ways. Fanbases of teams that lose all the time are probably much better at handling it. For a program as prideful and not used to losing at ours, we probably handle losing at a fairly typical level.

They say that when you win, you should act like you've been there before. Do we want to be the fanbase that, when we lose, act like we've been there before? I prefer every lose to be a shock, and respond accordingly.

Personally, I would want to be part of the fanbase that, when we lose, doesn't let our joy and mental health depend on a group of kids attempting to make one arbitrary number being higher than another arbitrary number.

Thats not really what I meant. I'll admit that when I was younger, I took loses pretty personally, but I would like to think I've grown out of that over the last few years (my girlfriend might disagree). I was saying that I dont want to be part of a fanbase that has dealt with loses so often it becomes routine, and easy to handle. Its not something that I, personally, want to get used to.

• Fire 1

it is hard to say. this board is the only husker community i am involved with, so i would say it is a resounding 'no'. but maybe irl, the general population of husker fans is a little more level-headed.

Did you know:

After a husker loss, the number of domestic violence cases in Lincoln almost doubles?

7nTnr.png

it is hard to say. this board is the only husker community i am involved with, so i would say it is a resounding 'no'. but maybe irl, the general population of husker fans is a little more level-headed.

Did you know:

After a husker loss, the number of domestic violence cases in Lincoln almost doubles?

7nTnr.png

not so sure that is true. i have heard that is an urban legend. or maybe it is just because ohio st. was in town.

Did you know:

7nTnr.png

not so sure that is true. i have heard that is an urban legend. or maybe it is just because ohio st. was in town.

I'm pretty sure it's not true, but more of joke.

Did you know:

7nTnr.png

I'm pretty sure it's not true.

you cannot use the 'true story' meme for a falsehood. how very dare you.

• Fire 1

Did you know:

7nTnr.png

I'm pretty sure it's not true.

you cannot use the 'true story' meme for a falsehood. how very dare you.

:wasted

The majority of my office has wanted to fire Bo after every loss the last couple seasons. Even after wins, they wanted to can him because it "wasn't a good enough win"