Student Tickets question

I graduated in May from UNL, so I am no longer eligible for student tickets. I want to know what the current procedure of student tickets are?

I know the University went from paper tickets to electronic [N Card] tickets for the 2012 season to "cut back on printing costs" [read: not the real reason] and so that students would stop profiting on such low prices by selling them [read: real reason].

I didn't purchase student tickets last year so I'm not really sure the latest policy on them or how they are sold or scanned at the gates?

I am looking to buy some student tickets for a few games this year with some friends, because they are cheaper than regular tickets, and we would rather stand in the student section than sit anywhere else since that is what we used to do when we went to games.

Is it possible for non-students to purchase student tickets in electronic form now? I know you have to pay a validation fee, so that's completely fine by me, but I was just wondering if this was possible for non-students to still purchase student tickets?

Basically the ticket holder goes online and enters your email and I think phone number. You'll get an email with a link to the ticket exchange site and you have a certain amount of time to claim the ticket and pay the validation fee. Once you pay you can print off the ticket. Obviously it's up to you to arrange a meeting and the selling price of the ticket. I would usually meet them at the union so there was computer access and I could make sure I didn't get screwed. Just be smart about it. The major downside of this is how easy it is for the buyer to get scammed.