Sellout streak and more data...

I think the streak will be fine. For many years. The admin know that it is a point of pride for fans.

Even if a few seats went unsold during the Cally years, we would never have been made aware of it. There were all sorts of rumors about some of those games. And there sure were unoccupied seats visible on TV. I wonder if the AD itself, or some big hats or corporate interests would buy blocks just before kickoff to make sure the "streak continued".

That said, the new seats were added with the intent to keep the streak alive. They'd never add enough to unwittingly end the streak.

I think we things are a changin. As many on here have stated the stadium is filled with less than young adults. IE Blue Hairs, man I wish I had blue hair or some, nevermind. I have talked with friends that have made the comment, that the trip to the stadium is harder every year, watching on TV may be easier for them. But on the same note, my grandfather went every weekend until he was into his 90's.

Internet, Big screen TV's, far more games to watch from the comfort of the easy chair. I know I have missed USC games due to the fact that other games were on and I wanted to watch them. I am not a die hard SC fan, and know I would never miss a Nebraska game if I could walk. New knees now, so that is not a problem!!!! Getting old sucks guys, and damn it there is no escaping it. Trust me I have tried!!

Being The only game in town/state makes it better for Nebraska. Most have grown up going to or dreaming about going to the Big Red party. I think we are safe for awhile, but down the road in your kids senior years it will change. The old stadium will have to come down, new facilities, better people access, possibly more comfortable seatS and larger for their larger butts. But I would not worry about Nebraska not selling out in your lifetimes, as long as we keep winning and improving.

^^

you're last sentence says it all.

As long as we're winning and improving, we'll sell out.

Hell I know people who come for miles to go to games, even if only 1 per year. It's a destination fr all of husker nation, to actually GO TO GAMES.

The fact that there are more seats makes people want to go to the game to see them. We upgrade something every couple years that makes it a must go.

It took monumental crappy play for people to show their displeasure by not coming or leaving at halftime (okie st).

Now, the new B1G sched w home games against Rutgers and Purdue? That has me more worried; less cupcakes and more difficult sched non-con can solve that.