Nathan Gerry

Per the coaches in the Fall Camp Twitter thread. Can't tell you what page... there's a lot to sort through.

If true, then this is why he is probably getting reps at the Buck position. I am not a huge follower of Twitter, so I am unaware of him gaining that much weight. Last I heard, is what DataOmaha had, was 218. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at 225 though. Kid is a workhorse.

Per the coaches in the Fall Camp Twitter thread. Can't tell you what page... there's a lot to sort through.

If true, then this is why he is probably getting reps at the Buck position. I am not a huge follower of Twitter, so I am unaware of him gaining that much weight. Last I heard, is what DataOmaha had, was 218. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at 225 though. Kid is a workhorse.

Benning and Sharp were saying today that Gerry is "thick". We have all seen the pictures, but he is a well-built guy. For him to make the move to LB is not that big of a reach.

Especially since Lavonte David was 6'1" 225lbs when he was a senior and Gerry is 6'2" 220lbs as a freshman.

I think he'll be fine.

Went through a few pages, and I found that. Couldn't really find the tweet it came from, but I think that's the general consensus- 220-225. Too much HIPAA arguing, I couldn't make heads or tails of anything in there.

Went through a few pages, and I found that. Couldn't really find the tweet it came from, but I think that's the general consensus- 220-225. Too much HIPAA arguing, I couldn't make heads or tails of anything in there.

Lol, I believe you, and its great news that he is gaining weight. Maybe he comes out of Fall Camp a little heavier and just as light on his feet. Either way, this kid was a gifted athlete at the HS level, and I hope he more than exceeds at the collegiate level. His work ethic does all the talking, I just hope it all shows on the field.

Speed kills. End of story. We wanted speed and now we get it folks are worried. I remember when we came into the league Bo made a comment somewhere along the lines of making teams change our style. I like speed. The slow plodding crap at LB we have had the pas 2 years save David has got to go. Our front four does their job, weight at LB matters even less. Now their OL gets free shots on our LB's.................

Bo (or other staffer) also made a comment earlier about bringing the guys along and allowing them to make plays instead of thinking so much. I think after last year, Bo realizes the importance of speed and athleticism. He is really trying to get our best 11 on the field on O, D and ST. It is going to be a good year. Something about the practices (to date), the lack of "traditional" coach speak and perceived depth and players confidence is just different this year.

Speed kills. End of story. We wanted speed and now we get it folks are worried. I remember when we came into the league Bo made a comment somewhere along the lines of making teams change our style. I like speed. The slow plodding crap at LB we have had the pas 2 years save David has got to go. Our front four does their job, weight at LB matters even less. Now their OL gets free shots on our LB's.................

Bo (or other staffer) also made a comment earlier about bringing the guys along and allowing them to make plays instead of thinking so much. I think after last year, Bo realizes the importance of speed and athleticism. He is really trying to get our best 11 on the field on O, D and ST. It is going to be a good year. Something about the practices (to date), the lack of "traditional" coach speak and perceived depth and players confidence is just different this year.

Speed is nice, but if that and athleticism is all they have, we will get exploited in other spots. These guys have to have football smarts, along with the athleticism and speed to get on the field. Bo just released a presser and just said speed isn't everything. I agree with you, its going to be a good year. I just hope we have two players who can step up at DT and give us that push up front we have needed since '10.