***2015 Recruiting***

Started really following recruiting just a few years ago, but keep seeing more stories and updates about 2015 recruiting cycle. I don't recall seeing this much action from an NU staff this early in the process, ever. I think we've seen this staff make considerable strides in recruiting the past two years and I like it. As much as the players are learning the "process," Bo & Co is figuring their end out too. We were behind on the times and often waited too long to enter the picture, IMO, things have changed and it's becoming "Recruit early and recruit often."

Thoughts?

I feel we are understanding early relationships are huge in the recruiting process because prospects are commiting earlier and earlier. I think we are setting ourselves up for a good year in 2015.

I think 2015 could possibly turn out to be a top 10 class.

• Fire 1

I feel we are understanding early relationships are huge in the recruiting process because prospects are commiting earlier and earlier. I think we are setting ourselves up for a good year in 2015.

I think 2015 could possibly turn out to be a top 10 class.

With Eric Lee as a possible figurehead for the class, he could definitely attract a lot more talent to follow suit. Plus I think Strong from North is gonna be a good one.

I concur. The ones committing earlier are typically the most sought after and developing relationships with other programs.

It was interesting to read (i dont know direct quote) how NU is putting more resources into recruiting and that there are no days off. I don't see us having 24 non coaching staff related positions, like Bama, but increasing eyes and coverage is needed to keep up.

At least a 10 win season and a bowl game win will give good momentum to cap '14 and kick off '15

The recruiting process has really sped up in general - its not just a Nebraska thing. It actually probably hurts us more than it helps us, unless they change when official visits can be taken. That would be huge.

It seems to me that it would benefit the recruits as much as it would the schools. Most kids don't have the time during their season to make visits. Some high school coaches won't allow them to make in season visits. And having a schedule like we have this year(early kickoff times) makes it even harder to get them on campus.

Change the OV rules. Stupid NCAA.

• 1 month later...

Bump this....you guys need to check out the updates I did to some 2015 threads...look at the big names in the Top247 that have legit interest in us. I know there are others we have offered that are in the top247 but I only did ones I thought had legit interest. Next years class has a chance to be VERY special.

• Fire 1
Bump this....you guys need to check out the updates I did to some 2015 threads...look at the big names in the Top247 that have legit interest in us. I know there are others we have offered that are in the top247 but I only did ones I thought had legit interest. Next years class has a chance to be VERY special.

2015 will be a fun class to watch get built. And +1 your work.

Clapping.gif