***2015 Recruiting***

I said I'd rather take one each year. But given that we might only have 13-14 in this next class and won't lose a QB for three more years

We'll lose at least one quarterback before then. We always do. Everyone always does.

Yeah, I meant none would graduate before that. As I said earlier, usually I'd take one each year in case you miss or lose one along the way.

That's fine. But all that will do is give us another QB that we basically know nothing about - at least no more than the four guys we have now.

I said I'd rather take one each year. But given that we might only have 13-14 in this next class and won't lose a QB for three more years, if there was a year to miss one, it would be this year. We need 1 RB, probably 3-4 WRs depending on how this class finishes out, at least 3 OL (four is better), probably 3 DL, 1-2 LBs and 3-4 DBs. That's 14 on the low side, 18 on the high side without a QB. If we get one we really like, great. But if we miss out on a couple guys we really want, I'm fine with passing.

We'll take well over 13-14. Sanction riddled Penn/USC take more than 13-14. If that's how it works out, then it's official: Pelini will have done nothing short of an absolutely pathetic job of managing the roster numbers. Every year we graduate between 13-16 guys yet take in the 20's. WAY to early to be concerned about the numbers in next year's class.

Generally speaking, I think taking one in each class. That way if you miss a year or someone doesn't work out you should still be in good shape. However, if there was a year to miss, it would be this year. We'll have 3-4 scholarship QBs on campus, none of which will be older than a Sophomore. I think we look and go after the best couple guys we like but if we don't get one in this class - especially with it being a smaller class - I'm not going to be too worried.

Let's say, for arguments sake, Stanton wins the starting job. We could be one injury away from someone who's not ready to play, taking snaps.

When Taylor started as a freshman, they had Cody Green, Zac Lee, Kody Spano, RKIII and Brion Carnes on the roster. It was a pretty solid three-deep.

The next year, Lee's done, Green transfers (because he's older than Martinez and behind him), Spano's injured, RKIII is unknown and Brion Carnes is the backup.

If Taylor gets injured, we're going to a guy that transferred to UNI as a reciever.

Need a QB each year, especially if you're starting someone younger, because most of the backups are probably older and looking to play elsewhere. We could be alright this year if Johnny wins it and Tommy's the backup, but don't look for him to stick around if that happens. Next year we'd have Johnny (weould be a sophomore), backed up by a freshman we hope is healthy enough to play, a freshman most on this board are calling a project, and some walk-ons.

Getting kids to commit now is awesome because it can build momentum. All of a sudden, a few other guys see us signing top guys and they know they could be apart of a special class.

That being said, We are so far from the 2015 signing day, that we know how hard it is to keep kids committed for that long.

I have high hopes that Bo and company has figured out how to recruit. They have had an oustanding two weeks and want to see it continue. I just feel this year might be special.... Last year was awful, but feel like things are getting to where they need to be.

Getting kids to commit now is awesome because it can build momentum. All of a sudden, a few other guys see us signing top guys and they know they could be apart of a special class.

That being said, We are so far from the 2015 signing day, that we know how hard it is to keep kids committed for that long.

I have high hopes that Bo and company has figured out how to recruit. They have had an oustanding two weeks and want to see it continue. I just feel this year might be special.... Last year was awful, but feel like things are getting to where they need to be.

What about last year was awful?