500 Time Capsule Chevys for sale at Pierce, Nebraska

1940s Chevy Dealer re-opens to Auction off 500 Time Capsule Cars

<snip>

A small-town Midwestern dealership in Pierce, Nebraska sold Chevrolets to local families and first-time buyers for 50 years until it’s husband and wife team finally closed their doors seventeen years ago. Since then, a staggering inventory of 500 surviving cars, new & used, have been stored away, undriven for decades. Some 50 cars “brand new” Chevrolets from the 1950s and 60s have less than 10 miles on the odometer.

LINK

This is gonna be a helluva sale. :lol:

Would love to just go see them. I have been restoring cars for many years. Seeing something as it truly was rather than what we think they were is really interesting. Most restored cars of the 50's have highly polished stainless. In fact it was not highly polished, but to get the most even look we polish it to a high shine. I had an original 54 Chevy convertible, that had less than 20K on it when bought in in 1973. Unfortunately it was destroyed by hail while on a trip in Colorado. Softball size hail!!!.

Do you have a date on this? I have been looking for a good 58 or 59 to restore.

Would love to just go see them. I have been restoring cars for many years. Seeing something as it truly was rather than what we think they were is really interesting. Most restored cars of the 50's have highly polished stainless. In fact it was not highly polished, but to get the most even look we polish it to a high shine. I had an original 54 Chevy convertible, that had less than 20K on it when bought in in 1973. Unfortunately it was destroyed by hail while on a trip in Colorado. Softball size hail!!!.

Do you have a date on this? I have been looking for a good 58 or 59 to restore.

That's what you get for going to Colorado. It is always bad for Husker Fans there. Sorry about the car.

I always assumed everything north of Norfolk was Canada.

Basically.

Hey, I lived North of Norfolk for the better part of 20 years. :blink: Drove through Pierce everyday on my way to work in Norfolk. Take highway 13 from Norfolk to Pierce. Its about 13 miles away.

I got a pretty good Idea where those cars are being sold off at, would be fun to go to.

I always assumed everything north of Norfolk was Canada.

Basically.

Hey, I lived North of Norfolk for the better part of 20 years. :blink: Drove through Pierce everyday on my way to work in Norfolk. Take highway 13 from Norfolk to Pierce. Its about 13 miles away.

I got a pretty good Idea where those cars are being sold off at, would be fun to go to.

I've been north of Norfolk my fare share and through Pierce as well, there's some nice country up there. In fact I'll be at a wedding north of Pierce that weekend, but I doubt my company will want to go an hour out of the way to see dusty old cars.