We have a bunch of homer announcers for the Wyoming game...

* Nebraska fans likely will appreciate the on-air talent that the Big Ten Network assembled for the Huskers' televised opener against Wyoming on Aug. 31.

Lack of familiarity won't be an issue.

Lincoln High graduate Kevin Kugler will handle play-by-play, with ex-Nebraska quarterback Eric Crouch serving as analyst. Ex-Husker running back Damon Benning will be the sideline reporter.

Crouch should benefit greatly because Kugler doesn't try to be a know-it-all. He gives his analysts plenty of space. I like that. It means viewers will get a heavy dose of Crouch -- and yes, that's a good thing.

Source: Lincoln Journal-Star

Great, so now we're going to have to listen to the Wyoming fans go on and on about how one-sided the announcers are... :B)

* Nebraska fans likely will appreciate the on-air talent that the Big Ten Network assembled for the Huskers' televised opener against Wyoming on Aug. 31.

Lincoln High graduate Kevin Kugler will handle play-by-play, with ex-Nebraska quarterback Eric Crouch serving as analyst. Ex-Husker running back Damon Benning will be the sideline reporter.

Crouch should benefit greatly because Kugler doesn't try to be a know-it-all. He gives his analysts plenty of space. I like that. It means viewers will get a heavy dose of Crouch -- and yes, that's a good thing.

Great, so now we're going to have to listen to the Wyoming fans go on and on about how one-sided the announcers are... :B)

I know, right? Hearing 16 complaints on the announcers will just drive me nuts.

• Fire 1

Does Wyoming get the Big Ten Network? :)

Kugler has always been the consummate professional. Can't see issues with him for anyone listening.

Man, you should have read some of the message boards complain about Kugler during the Callahan era. I like Kugler, and thought he did great work for 1620, and he does great work on broadcasts.

Maybe that was collateral fallout since NO ONE was very complimentary about anything during the desert exodus of the Callahan years.... :steam ?

Kugler is one of the best pbp guys in all sports right now, period. Everything he does he does great, especially football and basketball no matter who's playing. He doesnt get near enough credit nationally. Crouch is getting better and better everytime i hear him.

Does Wyoming get the Big Ten Network? :)

They have to get TVs first.

Kugler has always been the consummate professional. Can't see issues with him for anyone listening.

Man, you should have read some of the message boards complain about Kugler during the Callahan era. I like Kugler, and thought he did great work for 1620, and he does great work on broadcasts.

Maybe that was collateral fallout since NO ONE was very complimentary about anything during the desert exodus of the Callahan years.... :steam ?

It was basically one message board that I used to follow that felt they had to go down with BC's burning ship. I thought what they were saying was hilarious. It was stupid, but hilarious.

The only thing I'm upset about is I can't find the look alike thread to be offended by.

Jordan Stanton J/LB

9081058.jpeg

Help me with this one

The only thing I'm upset about is I can't find the look alike thread to be offended by.

Jordan Stanton J/LB

9081058.jpeg

Help me with this one

starts next week i think

• Fire 1

Kugler is one of the best pbp guys in all sports right now, period. Everything he does he does great, especially football and basketball no matter who's playing. He doesnt get near enough credit nationally. Crouch is getting better and better everytime i hear him.

Agreed. Kugler has a good mix of fluidity and knowing when to get excited anout a play. I watched an Indiana game just because he was announcing it.