SIGNED QB Zack Darlington

knapplc

Mitch Sherman@mitchsherman4h

Future Husker QB Zack Darlington is at the Semper Fi game. Though not playing, he can help sway a couple linemen ($): http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/west/post?id=12816

Anyone want to tell us who he is working on? I think Frison is out there.

Not sure what the article says. Nick Gates is there, and it has already been mentioned that Darlington and Foster will work on him.

Kugler commented a couple times about how well-spoken he was. Not only not stuttering but being witty and funny.

He also talked kinda fast from what I interpreted him being pretty excited to talk to the BRW guys. And I still couldn't notice any irregularities in his speech. And I was listening for some trip ups or stuttering. And after about a minute of listening, I was captured more by what he was saying and not how he was saying. Super excited to have this kid in the program.

So what are the odds that we have a decent year in 2014 and Timmy Becks gets himself a HC position somewhere and we bring Zacks dad on staff as OC or in some capacity. Blazing a recruiting trail to Florida and especially at Apopka(Ivey)?

I don't know much about Coach Darlington but if we win games, I am all for it.

So what are the odds that we have a decent year in 2014 and Timmy Becks gets himself a HC position somewhere and we bring Zacks dad on staff as OC or in some capacity. Blazing a recruiting trail to Florida and especially at Apopka(Ivey)?

I actually don't think that is a far fetched scenario. Coach Darlington is building a name for himself as an innovative Offensive Mind; with guys like Gus Malzahn and Pruitt paving the way for HS coaches making the leap to college, guys like Coach Darlington will get those opportunities. Timing would make sense at NU IMO, if the team has a good run over the next year or 2 giving Bo stability and Beck job opportunities.

I actually don't think that is a far fetched scenario. Coach Darlington is building a name for himself as an innovative Offensive Mind; with guys like Gus Malzahn and Pruitt paving the way for HS coaches making the leap to college, guys like Coach Darlington will get those opportunities. Timing would make sense at NU IMO, if the team has a good run over the next year or 2 giving Bo stability and Beck job opportunities.

Darlington got his offense from Nebraska, he came to a few bowl practices and watched how Beck ran it. I believe he was there in 2011, 2012, and this year with Zack. I may be wrong on the years though.