SIGNED QB Zack Darlington

knapplc

I think its already been said, but does anybody think out depth at qb might keep a kid from committing, I mean right now we have Martinez, Armstrong,Stanton, and if we get Darlington, it would appear that we have the next several years spoken for at the qb position (I know not all players live up to potential but these guys look like they should be good ones in the future), that might keep a 5* kid from committing in the next year or 2.

I think its already been said, but does anybody think out depth at qb might keep a kid from committing, I mean right now we have Martinez, Armstrong,Stanton, and if we get Darlington, it would appear that we have the next several years spoken for at the qb position (I know not all players live up to potential but these guys look like they should be good ones in the future), that might keep a 5* kid from committing in the next year or 2.

No! After this season Martinez graduates. That leaves us with Armstrong and Stanton as the only current scholarship QBs for the 2014 season. The last thing a QB prospect this year has to worry about is being stuck on the depth chart. The opportunity to earn a starting spot will be there every year on campus.

Alabama has 8 QBs on roster this coming season. Wisconsin has 6 QBs on roster this coming season.

No! After this season Martinez graduates. That leaves us with Armstrong and Stanton as the only current scholarship QBs for the 2014 season. The last thing a QB prospect this year has to worry about is being stuck on the depth chart. The opportunity to earn a starting spot will be there every year on campus.

Alabama has 8 QBs on roster this coming season. Wisconsin has 6 QBs on roster this coming season.

I agree. Plus it sounds like Darlington's character and his family's character is very exceptional.

• 4 weeks later...

Zack wants to visit us. Knows a lot about our football history, follows Tommie Frazier, and has been in contact with Beck

Rick said he wants his son to hopefully decide before Apopka's 2013 season starts. In other words, before Zack could take any official visits in the fall. That means Rick and Zack will be paying their own way for unofficial visits this summer. A trip to Nebraska, he said, is $1,500. Not a cinch, especially when there are more visits to make.

If NCAA members not in recruiting hotbeds don't press harder for allowing official visits in the spring and summer soon, Nebraska will continue to be at a disadvantage. The Huskers insist the on-campus visit is the clincher for recruits. Few of them have the financial ability to take a national tour of colleges in the summer.

Read more: http://www.omaha.com...-sets-like-nu-s

Anybody got $1500 laying around?? chuckleshuffle

Zack wants to visit us. Knows a lot about our football history, follows Tommie Frazier, and has been in contact with Beck

Rick said he wants his son to hopefully decide before Apopka's 2013 season starts. In other words, before Zack could take any official visits in the fall. That means Rick and Zack will be paying their own way for unofficial visits this summer. A trip to Nebraska, he said, is $1,500. Not a cinch, especially when there are more visits to make.

If NCAA members not in recruiting hotbeds don't press harder for allowing official visits in the spring and summer soon, Nebraska will continue to be at a disadvantage. The Huskers insist the on-campus visit is the clincher for recruits. Few of them have the financial ability to take a national tour of colleges in the summer.

Read more: http://www.omaha.com...-sets-like-nu-s

Anybody got $1500 laying around?? chuckleshuffle

Later in the article the Father confirms they are definitely coming up to visit NU this summer despite the cost.

A couple thoughts after watching his hudl stuff. Kid has a good arm, shows the ability to make all the throws from both the pocket and on the run. Reminds me a bit of Brett Favre both in his craftiness and his ability to manipulate the ball. Good athleticism and familiarity in running a similar offensive system. Overall, really like the offer and hope we can get him N. Also, those uniforms are pretty dang awesome.

Another championship level QB who's played at the biggest stage in Florida. You bet your ass you take him.

So we could have top-shelf QBs from Texas, Cali and Florida? I can live with that.

Seriously, the kid is a state champ. The best thing to go with all his attributes is his will to be here. Nebraska is clearly his leader and I think its all set for him as soon as he visits.