What we learned today...

walksalone

Outside of a couple of hiccups on offense and 1 hiccup on defense to start the second half, we played about as complete a football game that I can remember. Sure it was Southern Miss, but we played exactly how we should play.

The 4 ints were nice to see.

One stat we can forget about, consecutive games with 2 or more turnovers.

Somethings still need to be cleaned up, but it was a good performance.

No one should be too down because of week one, and no one should be too elated because of week two. If we go and hammer UCLA next week, time to start the Snoopy dances. Until then, cautious optimism. You can literally see the upgrade in speed and athleticism on D. The offense needs to protect those young guys against UCLA as much as possible, but they are forcing turnovers and playing better already in week two. Good stuff.

• Fire 6

Santos is bad. The young LBs are going to be great.

No frickin' clue how we're going to look against UCLA. Have to take this game with a grain of salt given the competition.

Our paint on our field looks pink to me.

Our offense is loaded with weapons but I'm nervous about our offensive line once we start playing some solid competition. Hopefully they'll be better than I'm expecting.

The future looks bright on D. We SHOULD be very good in a couple years.

No one should be too down because of week one, and no one should be too elated because of week two. If we go and hammer UCLA next week, time to start the Snoopy dances. Until then, cautious optimism. You can literally see the upgrade in speed and athleticism on D. The offense needs to protect those young guys against UCLA as much as possible, but they are forcing turnovers and playing better already in week two. Good stuff.

^ This. But even if we beat UCLA, allow a lot of yards, and show improvement on defense, it will be great. This d is young, it will take time to gel, so this is a game we need. After UCLA, we have some games after that against teams we should beat where the defense can continue to make strides. Beating UCLA is very important.

1) I learned that Papuchis looks much less ghey without those goofy tape thingys on his fingers.

2) As for the game, I can't tell whether we played *that* much better this week. I think SoMiss just sucks donkey dicks.

3) Beer, rye and gin are damn potent taken together as an alcoholic team. I'm drunk as furck. :lol:

• Fire 1