Thread to brag about Newby

Hayseed

I was on the boat that thought Taylor was more "college ready". Obviously i was proven wrong in a big way. Not the Taylor isnt ready, but that Newby obviously a hell of a lot more ready than I thought. Now we all know why taylor redshirted. He didnt reaggrevate an injury. It's not about getting acclimated to college life. It's more simple than that. There's just not enough room on the play chart for all these back when you have a guy like Newby demanding 10+ touches a game. Newby's vision and feel for the game is just beyond ridiculous. Mark my words. By mid-season, Newby is the #1 feature back (barring injury of course).

Newby is a solid #3 back for us, but I don't see him jumping over Abdullah or Cross. I think he was played the second half in order to put fresh legs up against a tiring defense and it worked.

It could be my memory failing, but didn't we also have a fullback in during a lot of his carries?

Again, Newby looked good, but certainly not any better than the two backs in front of him. I remember Ahman Green and Roger Craig suffered from the same fan wisdom in that they should move aside and let the "real talent" on the field...