Defensive guru status

True2tRA

The Bo's peak was 2009 Holiday Bowl game. In post-game interview on national TV, he boldly said "Huskers are back".

Yea that sucks because I believed him. Now not so much.......

It's not just because one f'ing game either EZ and others....

I came into this fuxking season as excited as anyone else. You don't open the season in Memorial Stadium and look like a fuxking joke. I don't care if you have a bunch of freshmen or not....they're your players not mine. Own it.

Was talking to the father in law this afternoon and he brought up an interesting topic. I guess I really don't know and thought one of you more informed Pelini supporters might be able to answer this.

What did Bo do prior to being hired as Head Coach at Nebraska that earned him status as a defensive guru? Guru meaning teacher and master of defense. I know he had a good year here with Nebraska in 2003? He also had a decent couple years at LSU correct? But wasn't he a co- defensive coordinator? He wasn't calling the defense was he? If anything wasn't it Miles or Saban? So is it based on 2009 when Suh was ripping apart opposing offenses for him? Does this make him a guru?

It's an honest question about the origin of this title because honestly I can't think of how it has even been earned. If it has been earned the fact that four Nebraska defensive records in yards allowed have all come under this man in such a short time, this would mean the guru title is revoked correct? Monte Kiffin is considered a defensive guru but he's done it at every level successfully and for a very long time.....

So how was this title earned and do you still believe the title fits?

Define 'the.'

• Fire 1

Was talking to the father in law this afternoon and he brought up an interesting topic. I guess I really don't know and thought one of you more informed Pelini supporters might be able to answer this.

What did Bo do prior to being hired as Head Coach at Nebraska that earned him status as a defensive guru? Guru meaning teacher and master of defense. I know he had a good year here with Nebraska in 2003? He also had a decent couple years at LSU correct? But wasn't he a co- defensive coordinator? He wasn't calling the defense was he? If anything wasn't it Miles or Saban? So is it based on 2009 when Suh was ripping apart opposing offenses for him? Does this make him a guru?

It's an honest question about the origin of this title because honestly I can't think of how it has even been earned. If it has been earned the fact that four Nebraska defensive records in yards allowed have all come under this man in such a short time, this would mean the guru title is revoked correct? Monte Kiffin is considered a defensive guru but he's done it at every level successfully and for a very long time.....

So how was this title earned and do you still believe the title fits?

Define 'the.'

Lol.

I guess I'll comment on the topic at hand.

I believe he is 'regarded' as a defensive guru because he worked on the defensive side of the ball at the highest level. He gained knowledge and skills that helped him create his unique type of defense. The coaches he worked for went to bat for him when he looked to become a defensive coach and said that he is a unique defensive mind. He continued that trend as a DC, impressing the coaches he worked under, until he eventually became a HC. I know he has had opportunities to go back to the NFL in some capacity, during his tenure at Nebraska and prior to it.

But feel free to go three paragraphs on me of nothing of substance like you usually do.

Nah, I'm not sure I'd bother. You don't read what others say anyway. You just nitpick the f#*k out of single sentences instead of grasping the premise of their entire point. I don't like what I saw last night, but there were some players that really stood out. We are not ready for UCLA but in two weeks we are going to have to be or we will get spanked. There's no point though. Because as much as I've said there was good last night you seem to be one of those that doesn't want to hear it.

Official NCAA stats - Total Defense

Huskers got #109 out of #112. Bummer. Last place was New Mexico St..........I think Coz is a member of NMS staff !!!

Other interest: (Total Defense)

6. Michigan St.

9. Southern Miss.

:o

10. Michigan

12. Wisconsin

25. Penn St.

36. Indiana

45. UCLA

64. Illinois

66. Minnesota

69. Purdue

73. Iowa

103. Northwestern

You know that is where the NFL looks for their future defensive gurus. Right between 100 and 105 the sweet spot!!

You are aware he worked in the NFL prior to Nebraska, right?

Oh and you know 2 years ago when there was an uproar about him possibly leaving? Yeah, it was an NFL team that came calling - we're lucky he is still here.