Anyone else feel the same?

Ziebol

Bo continually makes remarks about him growing up, understanding that he does not have to be the whole offense, it has been a requirement. I also think we are doing a lot of plain jane stuff during these two games. I look for more from him and the offense next week, I think it is a good situation to have.

I agree skersfan, it'll be interesting to see how the offense performs next week when they are allowed to be unleashed some against UCLA. I think he's making better decisions with his passes and runs and that's only going to help our offense and hopefully limit turnovers.

I am sure Taylor got dinged pretty good last week on his non-throwing shoulder. But, IMO, Beck is saving his best "Taylor run plays" for the bigger games. Remember how NU came out with some new wrinkles in the QB run game last year against Northwestern and Michigan State? I expect Taylor to be more involved next week against UCLA. After UCLA, we have South Dakota State and then a bye week. That should give TM plenty of rest after getting more carries next week.

Other than that, Taylor has been pretty efficient in the pass game. Has he been perfect? No, but that's ok. He has shown he is plenty capable of big games in the past.

Every defensive coordinator we face gameplans around containing Martinez. They don't do this for any other player we have.

I would bet they start gameplanning around Gregory.

Yeah, I'll bet you're right. Probably a lot of OCs and O-line coaches watching film on him. What little there is of it anyway.

It looks like Taylor has been more patient this year then the years past. He isn't trying to force a catch like before and just throwing it out of bounds when he has no choices.

Definitely matured this summer. Props and congrats to him.

Plus 1. From sophomore to junior to senior year, I cannot name a single player ever that I've seen mature more than Martinez. Remember when he had trouble completing a pass? His terrible interview skills? His perceived lack of leadership (especially when he was rumored to have quit the team. . . remember that?)? He's come a long way.

I didn't get a chance to watch the entire game yet, but from what I saw in the first half, our failed drives lacked push and execution on the offensive line. That has been pretty troubling to me, especially with the amount of talent/experience in that group. Everything starts up front on both sides of the ball. I've thought Martinez, our receivers and the backs have looked great when the line gives them time and creates holes in the defense. At least from my early observations, the line hasn't been playing up to it's potential for four quarters.

I think Martinez is fine, and though he hasn't exactly been that wow factor yet, he isn't turning the ball over a lot and he's making veteran type decisions. And that throw to Burtch yesterday many have been one of the best throws in Martinez' career. They're evident just about every drive, whether he throws a ball out of bounds to save a drive or keeps his eyes downfield while extending the play with his feet.

I didn't get a chance to watch the entire game yet, but from what I saw in the first half, our failed drives lacked push and execution on the offensive line. That has been pretty troubling to me, especially with the amount of talent/experience in that group. Everything starts up front on both sides of the ball.

This is what I'm most worried about. Look at all the weapons we have at our disposal. Beck has to get a lot of credit, I think, for finding ways to work around an offensive line that is far from dominant. This could be a continual challenge. If the OL hasn't turned it around by the end of this year...that should be considered unacceptable for whoever is coaching that group.

I didn't get a chance to watch the entire game yet, but from what I saw in the first half, our failed drives lacked push and execution on the offensive line. That has been pretty troubling to me, especially with the amount of talent/experience in that group. Everything starts up front on both sides of the ball. I've thought Martinez, our receivers and the backs have looked great when the line gives them time and creates holes in the defense. At least from my early observations, the line hasn't been playing up to it's potential for four quarters.

I think Martinez is fine, and though he hasn't exactly been that wow factor yet, he isn't turning the ball over a lot and he's making veteran type decisions. And that throw to Burtch yesterday many have been one of the best throws in Martinez' career. They're evident just about every drive, whether he throws a ball out of bounds to save a drive or keeps his eyes downfield while extending the play with his feet.

I think Mike Moudy will take over at LG and is playing very well. Usually takes a few games for the OL to start clicking. Hopefully we'll see better execution this week.

I didn't get a chance to watch the entire game yet, but from what I saw in the first half, our failed drives lacked push and execution on the offensive line. That has been pretty troubling to me, especially with the amount of talent/experience in that group. Everything starts up front on both sides of the ball.

This is what I'm most worried about. Look at all the weapons we have at our disposal. Beck has to get a lot of credit, I think, for finding ways to work around an offensive line that is far from dominant. This could be a continual challenge. If the OL hasn't turned it around by the end of this year...that should be considered unacceptable for whoever is coaching that group.

I was hoping the O line would not be an issue this season....looks like they still need to gel?

Every defensive coordinator we face gameplans around containing Martinez. They don't do this for any other player we have.

I would bet they start gameplanning around Gregory.

Yeah, I'll bet you're right. Probably a lot of OCs and O-line coaches watching film on him. What little there is of it anyway.

They can quite double-teaming VV at their own peril.