Impact of the UCLA Game

EZ-E

Special Teams - We can't keep getting pinned in our own territory on our first drive. I don't exactly know how to fix it against that rugby punt. But we need to figure it out.

First we actually need to have a rush on any punt. But if they're going to rugby kick it somebody needs to come from the far edge on the wide side of the field and pressure the kicker to get it off sooner. Like just inside the gunner wide. Hopefully the kicker either shanks it or doesn't get his leg behind it because of the pressure.

Special Teams - We can't keep getting pinned in our own territory on our first drive. I don't exactly know how to fix it against that rugby punt. But we need to figure it out.

First we actually need to have a rush on any punt. But if they're going to rugby kick it somebody needs to come from the far edge on the wide side of the field and pressure the kicker to get it off sooner. Like just inside the gunner wide. Hopefully the kicker either shanks it or doesn't get his leg behind it because of the pressure.

Which we have done since about Wyoming's third punt.

Which we have done since about Wyoming's third punt.

Then we're golden!

"Notice that he has made some reads where he could have kept the ball on the zone read play and went up the middle for about 80 yards? I am wondering if he predetermined his read or if he wasn't trying to set something up. That zone read play has not really been that great thus far and we need it to be there."

I almost guarantee that has been by design....TMart had 2 or 3 chances to take it to the house in the Southern Miss game and didn't. I honestly don't know why....is it to mess with UCLA's D coordinator? Maybe....Is it to protect TMart? Maybe.....

He had ample opportunities to easily take it, but didn't. I find it quite interesting actually because I do not know exactly why they backed off on that zone read.

Trying to steal tschu's thunder, I see.
Well my thunder was stolen. Probably not going to do my write-up now

Didnt target anyone and I certainly didnt intentionally "steal anyone's thunder." So I don't see the significance of The Dude's backhanded comment. People that have read my posts in the past know that I do long posts from time to time.

TSchu, do your write up. I'm sure we have different views.

"Notice that he has made some reads where he could have kept the ball on the zone read play and went up the middle for about 80 yards? I am wondering if he predetermined his read or if he wasn't trying to set something up. That zone read play has not really been that great thus far and we need it to be there."

I almost guarantee that has been by design....TMart had 2 or 3 chances to take it to the house in the Southern Miss game and didn't. I honestly don't know why....is it to mess with UCLA's D coordinator? Maybe....Is it to protect TMart? Maybe.....

He had ample opportunities to easily take it, but didn't. I find it quite interesting actually because I do not know exactly why they backed off on that zone read.

That's my thoughts as well. Don't exactly know, but something is up with that play.

That's my thoughts as well. Don't exactly know, but something is up with that play.

Benning hinted as much on Monday or Tuesday this week. He thinks we have been setting up a few different wrinkles in the QB run game.

Benning hinted as much on Monday or Tuesday this week. He thinks we have been setting up a few different wrinkles in the QB run game.

I've told some people via PM and have had it confirmed as well. There was a very strategic reason why the media and even former players were locked out of practice.

Didnt target anyone and I certainly didnt intentionally "steal anyone's thunder." So I don't see the significance of The Dude's backhanded comment. People that have read my posts in the past know that I do long posts from time to time.

I'm mostly just messin' man.

Some of your views are identical to mine though. Great minds think alike

I'm mostly just messin' man.

Some of your views are identical to mine though. Great minds think alike

I do apologize. Absolutely wasn't my intention. Spent an hour this morning because it was raining this morning and I couldn't go mow the lawn.